Subject Author Posted Replies

Looking for a better way........suggestions?
How do I fix this problem? I have a concrete drive. One section of it (approx. 12' x 16') is PERFECTLY level around the perimeter, but sags a little in the center, which holds water. This means that...
26
26

Best way to compact soil under a slab overhang
I have redone plumbing under the concrete slab and in some cases I had to dig up soil (sand mostly) under the slab as the plumbing went under it. I had hollowed out a cavity three feet deep and about...
4
4

Right Angle Drill Attachment Kit
Do these gadget work good in close quarters? How functional are these, if the space is tight and you use these attachment kit, you will have to use another hand to push it sideways in order to drill a...
7
7

Removing paint from a cement floor
------------------------------------- I have a 20 year old basement floor which has been painted 3 times. The room is heated with an in floor heating system. The water lines are approx 1" from the top...
23
23

Interior Painting Help
Here's the problem: I'm trying to paint over a bright green/teal color that hasn't been updated since the 50s, and it's on plaster walls. In one room I've put on 2 coats of off-white, Classic 99...
6
6

Best way to insulate heat duct
Hi, I have several heat ducts from my furnace in the basement which run parallel and in between the floor joists. The basement is unheated but maintains a temperature of about 55 degrees in the...
6
6

Cutting rubber floor mats
I have several 24" square black rubber floor mats with raised bumps on the surface. I need to cut some of them to size as accurately and cleanly as possible. I was advised to use a metal straight edge...
11
11

Garbage disposal
Hi, Our light duty Insinkerator ISE 333 had it's time after ~10 years. I'd like to get a newer direct fit replacement if there is one. To me it looks like Evolution series may fit the bill. Any...
8
8

Greenhouse Heater Options
We have a small greenhouse attached to the south side of our home. It's 14' X 12' with a shed roof tapering from 10' on the house side to 6'. Roughly 1,400 cubic feet. It's a 2x4 frame with...
18
18

Recommendations for flooring material to go on top of a trap door?
OK, here goes. I bought this investment property and I'm fixing it up. I'm to the point of installing some sort of flooring material in the laundry room/rear entry. Right now the floor is 3/4"...
6
6

Why is sump pump feeder pipe plugged?
Why is one sump pump feeder pipe out of two plugged? Is it because of stupidity**, or could there be a good reason? A friend has lived in her house 2 years. It's about 50 or 60 years old. It has a...
12
12

Redoing bathtub tile
I just posted a response under my old "bifold door" thread, but thought it might be a good idea to cross-post under a better subject line. I'm getting ready to redo/repair some tile around my bathtub....
10
10

oil furnace problem
Hi,we own an oil furnace and we started using it in this winter but the problem starts when the furnace do all the process , when the flame shut off you can see the smoke coming from chamber...
2
2

box fill calcs - am I doing this right?
Am trying to properly plan attack on wiring... want to use fan rated boxes for ceiling boxes in 2 (eventually 3) bedrooms from this site: like a 2-1/8" deep octagon box is 21.5 in^2 cable coming in =...
9
9

Hitachi tools ?
I've never owned this brand before. While looking for another tool I found a "12-Volt 1/4" Cordless Impact Driver" for $100.00 off at the Lowe's website. The driver is now $99.00 online* It has more...
5
5