Subject Author Posted Replies

shower tile grout cracking on floor
I have a shower and the grout on the floor has hair line cracks in it. The shower wall is fine, no problems. Upon looking closely at the grout I found that there are holes through out it. The holes...
5
5

Gas Dryer problems
My gas dryer wouldn't ignite, igniter wouldn't even glow, even though the drum would turn. Checked the thermal fuse and it was blown, so I replaced it, yet there wasn't any obstruction anywhere....
3
3

Please help solve this 12V electrical circuit puzzle
I'm working on a puzzle (game) that I can't seem to figure out. puzzles are on 12 volt electrical circuits with incandescent lights on the top puzzle and LED lights on the bottom puzzle. The answer...
23
23

Hotpoint gas range fire
We had a brand new Hotpoint range burst into flames after the oven was set to preheat for 15 minutes. Has else anyone had this problem? Does anyone know of a recall on 2008 and 2009 Hotpoint stoves?...
3
3

Point and shoot IR thermometers
They are supposed to give instant temperature readings of the surface they are pointed at. But when I point it at the shiny copper pipe out of my water heater, it reads just a degree or two above the...
19
19

Glue sheetrock to masonry wall?
I am thinking about adding a layer of sheetrock to an existing party/dividing wall that is between my house and the house next door. I am trying to decide what is the best way to attach the sheetrock...
32
32

Suggestion to pump gasoline from one car to another in a garage
Any suggestion on a good gasoline pump to move gas from one vehicle to another in a garage? My wife always fills up at the most expensive stations while I get my gas at the least expensive I can find...
78
78

Garage door windows/solar heat
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with a garage door with southern exposure, having or adding windows for some solar heat? Or something like the big fold up bug screens with plexi-glass (actually...
7
7

A HP case study
Sounds a lot like the latest advertising blurb from one of the big three auto makers- " Our quality is as good as Toyota and Honda" Gerry :-)} London, Canada
13
13

Fluorescent Light Fixture Question
I have a pair of recessed fluorescent light fixtures in the kitchen that I think the ballasts are going out. The lights do not come on sometimes and sometimes when it does come on it is very dim....
3
3

Tile Overlap in Shower
The patient is a shower stall, acrylic base, cement backer board, 8x10 tiles in thinset. The tiles overlap the lip of the acrylic base by 1/2"(?) and there is a 1/4" gap between the bottom row of...
5
5

Can Edison circuite (12-3) be continued as separate 12-2 regular circuits?
I have an Edison circuit with 12/3 wiring feeding a duplex outlet with one circuit and associated outlet dedicated to a basement freezer. The other outlet of the duplex pair is on the other leg and...
15
15

Refrigerator siting outside
I have a refrigerator that has been uncovered outside in rain and snow for a month and its about 20 out now, I brought it inside where its warm and wonder how long it should sit and dry out, would 24...
14
14

temperature sensors
Hi, I'm on a quest against my ugly thermostat that controls heat and A/C. Is there a solution that includes an elegant temperature sensor that sends the information to the thermostat that's hidden in...
10
10

Great Stuff on the ceiling
Hi, What's the best trick making Great Stuff stick to the bottom of the roof and not fall prior to curing? I have an area that's about 18" x 18" that needs to be covered. The bottom of the roof is...
9
9