Subject Author Posted Replies

Grizzley Table Saw Jammed
I get the jammed noise followed by a cut-off of power. Any suggestions on which steps to take first in tracing this? Thank you very much in advance. Dwight Gibb
3
3

programmable outlets
Where I used to work they had outlets and lights that could be "programmed" to operate with a similarly programmed switch. They way the switches and outlets where programmed was by two dials on each...
23
23

Curtains
Bought new curtains and rods. Now I get to figure out how to get them up level. How do you do it without having to draw a line all the way across. I have vaulted ceilings so I cannot measure from the...
17
17

Mythbusters Blows Up Water Heater
Awesome! I don't have my speakers hooked up but they were laughing their asses off and so was I. The slo-mo version at the end is priceless. Houston, we have a launch, over.
32
32

Teflon Tape
Assuming that the thread is not reverse, is this guy winding this Teflon tape in the right direction? http://www.yourepair.com/howtos/images/kitchenbath/CopperPipeTeflonTape.jpg
63
63

frostless outside faucet
Why do they build those air sucking faucets that clog pressure washers with air. I can't seem to find one that doesn't have that air leak, back flow preventer or air release or what ever the useless...
2
2

Need help in identifying a faucet knob for this faucet stem (or vice versa)
Can you help me find the right stem (or knob) for this 20-year old Symmons Temptrol shower faucet? My Symmons Model=CA faucet stem broach splines are the wrong size! :( Details: * The shower faucet...
7
7

Water Plant Design | Design Build Bid
Water Plant Design | Design Build Bid - Provides an online resource to help general contractors find subcontractors and suppliers for water and wastewater utility projects, including water...

What type of "duct" tape for flex ducts?
Unfortunately, an earlier owner used an "octopus"-like maze of insulated flex duct on our heating system (which I hope one day to replace with nice, neat rigid duct work). Over time the outer plastic...
1
1

Lighting for dark stairs all over creepy house (gotta be a solution)
Any lighting ideas to illuminate sunken room's stairs not near an outlet? I visited a friend at her creepy house and almost broke my neck on the miriad of onesey-twoseys stairs in the multi-level...
2
2

Identify this piece of hardware
"Master Betty" wrote in news:hi6b57$sio$1 Actually, with XNews, it saw it and saved it as a gif. Don't know the specifics but can only guess it uploaded as text and Xnews decoded it to a gif. Here it...
54
54

Hot Water Baseboard
Does anyone know if there is a hot water baseboard fixture that has both supply line and heating (fins) in the same unit...like one above the other. I may have a leak in an area thats not accessible...
4
4

Toro CRC 2450 snow blower
Hello All, This winter I've been having some problems with this snow blower. It's about 10 years old. Have never done any service on it. Did check the spark plug this summer but it looked good so I...
30
30

Culligan IC-EZ-1 Drinking Water Filter Installation Guide
The water in our area, while safe to drink, always tasted a bit off compared to the bottled water we buy all too often. To save some money and avoid the inconvenience of having to lug those slabs of...

shower tile grout cracking on floor
I have a shower and the grout on the floor has hair line cracks in it. The shower wall is fine, no problems. Upon looking closely at the grout I found that there are holes through out it. The holes...
5
5