Subject Author Posted Replies

CPSC Book Recall
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission Office of Information and Public Affairs Washington, DC 20207 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE January 8, 2010 Release # 10-104 Firm's Recall Hotline: (866) 696-7602 CPSC...

Order laminate counters online
Does anyone have a resource for ordering laminate counters online, where they fabricate the pieces according to your dimensions & ship to your home? Part of my counter is extra-wide(36" instead of the...
6
6

My Happiest day cleaning a sewer line
I lived in the house about 9 years and the washer drain began overflowing. When the washer emptied the kitchen sinks would fill with water. I used drain cleaner a few times and it helped the problem,...
12
12

OT Cell phones and standards.
I took my niece to the doctor. The first thing they do is have you fill out a form. Everyone now has a cell phone. Business need a dock at the reception desk. You should have a STANDARD USB dock that...
11
11

Cleaning paint and gunk off of old glas
I have a dozen panes of 10x12 glass that I need to clean or replace. The old panes have paint and putty and even silicone slopped on them, plus they haven't been cleaned in literally decades. They...
18
18

Any kits to retrofit a fawcet to electronic touch control?
Delta has a kitchen fawcet that you can control manually but it will also toggle on and off by touching the metal part of the fawcet spout or neck. I'm wondering if it's possible to buy the...
15
15

Auto Brake question
Is it customary to replace brake rotors when the pads wear down? I understand if the rotors have cracks in them, or the pads wore down to the rivets, they'd need to be replaced or at least turned. I...
70
70

Insulating cathendral ceiling
What's the best way to insulate cathedral ceiling? Where I live (central NJ) attic R49 insulation is recomended. I don't see how to achive this with fiberglass insulation even if using 2 X 12 ceiling...
13
13

Wall Mount Hair Dryer
I want to add a wall mount hair dryer in one of my bathrooms. This unit at Amazon is one that I would like to have, but I'm wondering if it is possible to find one that hard wires rather than plugs...
10
10

Cutting A Sheetrock Panel
The easiest way for me to get access to the space behind my bathroom vanity to run some electrical wiring will be to cut a big hole in the sheetrock. It seems that if I cut the vertical lines down the...
33
33

How can I rename the private road that starts on my property?
I inherited a house with a paved private road and I wonder how to rename the road? I'm inclined to just change the sign but I'm sure that's not the right way to do change the name of a private road....
22
22

Range of vision - short and tall drivers
Folks, I posted this on a math group but nobody answered. I suspect that the engineers, etc. on this NG can take this one on.. I am in a discussion with one short (4'10") and one tall (6'2") driver...
33
33

air compressor regulators
Trying to figure out if my regulator works or not.
6
6

Sharkbite plumbing fittings - a bad idea?
I am wondering whether there are any reasons to NOT use Sharkbite push-fit plumbing fittings other than their relatively high cost? Rather than sweat soldering, they seem like a really attractive and...
23
23

what vent to use
Hi, I didn't have space for a conventional vent in my kitchen, so I ended up putting a 6" pipe through my wall and into the exterior soffit. The only remaining question is what fan to use at the end...
2
2