Subject Author Posted Replies

Repair Glass Window with existing Grid ?
I have a 45 x 28 inch window that the seal is broken. It is a double pain glass in a wooden frame that has a grid which divides the window up into 6 sections. Would like to use the same frame and grid...
2
2

Direct Energy natural gas plan (Ontario, Canada) - list of overcharge noticed
Hi, All. We are in Ontario, Canada and are serviced by Union gas for home heating and I had been locking natural gas price through Direct Energy. After first five years terms, we re-locked the price...
12
12

Running 2 TV sets off one satellite receiver box?
Hello, I am in Canada and have a Bell expressview system. I have three TV sets in the house with a dual receiver box for two TV's and a single receiver for another TV in the bedroom... I am building...
7
7

Another gyprock questiion.
Hello, I have done gyprocking before and did do a wonderful job on my mothers basement back in 1981 or so... A few things I can't remember or maybe it wasn't invented back in the day.LOL .. My...
4
4

paint peels over wood putty fix
Hi, I had some work done on a wooden porch and some dry rot was replaced with durham's wood putty. It dried for one day then was painted with valspar ultra latex. It gets wet and peels. I repainted it...
18
18

Another gyprock question
Hello, I have done gyprocking before and did do a wonderful job on my mothers basement back in 1981 or so... A few things I can't remember or maybe it wasn't invented back in the day.LOL .. My...
13
13

range/vent hood
Looking for a range hood to vent outside. Bombarded by all the different types/names out there, I do have a height restriction so I am looking for a model that is in the 4-5" height range. The one I...
1
1

Why aren't refrigerators & freezers designed to benefit from outside cold air?
I have always wondered about this one... Refrigerators are one of the top energy consumers in homes. In Northern climates, the outside temperature is colder than indoor temperature at least 6 months...
62
62

A Test for young people
Ask people you know who are under 25, you'll be amazed at the answers! 1. What is a record player? 2. What is a dial telephone? 3. Who were the Beatles? 4. What is an 8-track tape player? 5. How many...
176
176

Central Vac aging
Can we I test suction power of a central vacuum system (and is this how to test the system in general) when suction seems to have reduced to feeble? Motor is 16 years old. Filter bag (between dust...
7
7

Seaming Laminate Countertop
I am looking to Create a U-shaped Kitchen Countertop from 2 sheets of 5' x 8' laminate material using 3/4" AC plywood as a substrate and build up the edge with 1/2" Strips of plywood. The two sheets...
7
7

furnace; fire lights - no fan; where is the temp relay?
The fire box is lighting but the furnace fan doesn't come on. Where is the temp relay? I've got a York Stellar Plus, Model P1UDD12N09501A with a Honeywell Chronotherm 3 stat. I assume the whole...
12
12

Will Toyota's troubles move you to Ford?
Some good cars, don't you think? http://surftofind.com/mustang
71
71

Need advice on sealing glass to a homemade Solar Collector Box
Im making my first Hot Water Solar Collector to go on the roof and will be using a 60' roll of 1/2" i.d. Copper Tubing in a 2x6" wooden box , with a Thermopane Window that comes in a vinyl enclosure...
9
9

Washing Machine Recommendations
nd/or sanitizing model. =A0She also wants large capacity (over 4.0 cft I gu= ess) and I would like it to be high effeciency and low water consumption. I= 'd like to spend under $900...
6
6