Subject Author Posted Replies

Asphalt shingles leaking but ohw do I find the leak?
I went up on the roof and saw pieces of shingles torn off but there were shingles below them (two layers). How do I find where the roof leak is so I can patch it. Are there telltale clues on the roof...
13
13

taxes and home energy-saving...
So, we went along and did US taxes yesterday evening (oh joy :-) I noticed that there were credits for various home energy-saving measures; we claimed a few things such as new doors. I was kind of...
3
3

Wood splitting smile
After ice storm 1991, a couple friends of mine put in a wood burning stove. There was another storm, a micro burst that blew down a lot of trees. Can't remember what year. But, I hate to see good wood...
2
2

Building a showerpan?
Can someone describe or link to a description of how to build a waterproof showerpan with the least difficulty and cost?
7
7

Tile Question
I am planning to have tile installed in a small bathroom. I don't know much about this, but I am going to hire a professional and would like to know a little bit about what to ask. This floor now has...
21
21

Range problem
I have a Jenn-Air downdraft electric stove. I posted earlier asking about the element arcing and blowing up (thanks for all the replies). I ordered the replacement element but when I installed it,...
5
5

What happened to dialectric unions in California on January 1st, 2010?
I tried to follow advice here to use a dialectric union to join 3/4" galvanized pipe to copper to repair a leaky galvanized pipe. But, when I went to Home Depot today, they said they had to remove all...
4
4

OT - Overpass & Pedestrian Devastation
Dump truck riding with bed up. Takes out pedestrian overpass walkway...and pedestrians.
3
3

contractor sends a bill 7 months later
Last summer, a local roofing company, did a job for my extended family. They proceeded on the job, after submitting a signed contract and had appropriate city permits filed. Half of the contract...
29
29

Gyprock question
Hello, I have done gyprocking before and did do a wonderful job on my mothers basement back in 1981 or so... A few things I can't remember or maybe it wasn't invented back in the day.LOL .. My...
5
5

furnace; fire lights - no fan; #2 WITH PICS
are two pics of the furnace controls 1 shows something that looks like at temperature sensor. Pic 3 is the works. Along with something that looks like a pressure sensor, there is ther relay box. When...
8
8

Repair Glass Window with existing Grid ?
I have a 45 x 28 inch window that the seal is broken. It is a double pain glass in a wooden frame that has a grid which divides the window up into 6 sections. Would like to use the same frame and grid...
2
2

Direct Energy natural gas plan (Ontario, Canada) - list of overcharge noticed
Hi, All. We are in Ontario, Canada and are serviced by Union gas for home heating and I had been locking natural gas price through Direct Energy. After first five years terms, we re-locked the price...
12
12

Running 2 TV sets off one satellite receiver box?
Hello, I am in Canada and have a Bell expressview system. I have three TV sets in the house with a dual receiver box for two TV's and a single receiver for another TV in the bedroom... I am building...
7
7

Another gyprock questiion.