Subject Author Posted Replies

Kenmore Canister Vac. Swivel Problem
Kenmore canister vacuum: 116.228.12204 The swivel (8195133) broke. I got a new one (part no. is now KC92PCREZ000) from Sears. But the wand release (pedal 8195108) won't fit on the new swivel. Anyone...

OT: Only you can stop vegetable abuse!
"[LANCASTER, Texas] At first glance, it looks like a cartoon character. But a closer look reveals something much more revealing. A billboard along Interstate-35 in Lancaster is packing quite a sexual...
4
4

Staining Pine
Almost all of the trim in my house is pine, and after 22 years, it's showing wear. Furthermore, we have some wooden items (pine) that we want to stain to match the woodwork. Pine can be difficult to...
17
17

They wouldn't let me burn pressure-treated lumber scrap in the campfire
What happens if we burn pressure-treated wood scraps in the campfire?
10
10

Safe & effective (and easy) drain cleaning?
About 2-3 times a year, the sink in the bathroom starts to drain very slowly and I have to take the S-trap apart and clean out the gunk. The gunk contains some hair, but not a lot. It's mostly a...
37
37

More Proctological Violations of the consumer....
Awl -- Well, not home repair per se, but definitely in the same vein..... getting ripped off. With perhaps a mildly inneresting lesson in linquistics -- or lack thereof. So ahm lookin fer medicine...

fluorescent bulbs flickering - why is this so hard?
So, in my laundry I have two, two bulb units, installed at the same time. Over the past 10 years, I've swapped out various bulbs. But one fixture simply will not illuminate the bulbs (flicker, partial...
7
7

OT Toyota
OT Toyota If it's not the carpet that's causing Toyatas to speed up, then how can replacing the gas pedal help? How many of you are still driving your Toyota? Would you have thought to put the car in...
62
62

Sprinkler stopped working
hi I have an irritrol garden sprinkler system. I just went to turn the Sprinklers on from the Controller and although it shows the different cycles when i turned it on manually there is no water...
21
21

Drywall Pricing?
I need to replace drywall in my basement. I understand it comes in regular, mold-resistant, and greenboard varieties, and I want to find their relative prices. But I could not find that info via...
9
9

space heater
Hi, recently I had refridgerator trouble and asked for help. I was given information on how to find the problem and fixed it. I was actually able to fix it by replacing the heating element. Worked...
10
10

Entrances AreNOT Modern
Hello, Back in the old days we lived in small communities, where you would walk to the market area, and carry home your daily, meals-to-be- prepared groceries. There was no refrigeration etc. It was...
25
25

tiling a shower enclosure
Hi I am in the midst of a full renovation of my home, and now it is up to me to finish off the smaller stuff. One of the projects is tiling a shower stall enclosure. It has the pre-made fiberglass...
8
8

White-Rodgers Digital Thermostat Buzzing
Our thermostat regulates AC/heat pump. Early this morning, it started buzzing rather loudly while on the "heat" setting. It had been on the same setting all night and started buzzing spontaneously. I...
1
1

Clothes Dryer Caution
Hi, If you use dryer sheets in your clothes dryer, remove the lint filter. After you remove the lint, run water into the filter. If you see puddles of water, that is due to the invisible film caused...
8
8