Subject Author Posted Replies

lithium-ion drill/driver
I'm gonna erect one of those backyard sheds I bought at HD. I want to use deck screws instead of the nails suggested. I think I shall buy one of the lithium-ion drill/drivers for the job. What is the...
20
20

stackable washer/dryers
I am wondering about stackable dryer/washer combinations. The chances of BOTH appliances needing replacement is slim. That means you may need to replace the washer but keep the dryer, and the new...
6
6

Repairing Gopher grabbers
Gopher grabbers use rubber suction cups held on with sheet metal screws. I have some that have the screws pulled out. The hole that the screw goes into is now too big to hold the screw. What can I use...
6
6

Good going Price Pfister!
I had a problem with my 12 year old faucet (cartridge leaked water under the handle and rotted the handle out) A couple of Emails later I got a new one for free in the mail.
4
4

Cracks around door frame
I have an inside door that has a wall crack all the way around the door frame. I tried to find some info on this on the net, but the assumption seems to be that cracks are extending out from the...
5
5

It will cost 36 dollars or less
So I needed to recharge the fire-extinguisher I used two nights ago, and I googled and called the place nearest me, and I described my fire-extinguisher and asked how much to recharge. And he said "36...
21
21

Puzzle: how to get this light fixture open?
Client has a ceiling light fixture in her kitchen that I cannot figure out how to open to replace bulbs. Has a circular glass dish held in place by three metal brackets around the edge. Each bracket...
29
29

OT - FRS walkie talkie rechargable batteries
A couple years ago, I got a couple Motorola talkabout walkie talkies. FRS. They came with internal nicad pack, which I thought was pretty nice. And a charge stand for convenience. I spent a few...
1
1

gas lines
Where gas lines cross you property edge, and run maybe 200' to the meter by the house...... Do gas companies generally make you repair those lined between house and property lines? Or, is that...
12
12

Chipped paint at church (OT)
Yeah, it's not alt church repair. Oh, well. My 20 year old church building has a bunch of chipped wood work. Doors, in particular take a beating. Most of the chips are well smaller than a dime. I've...
9
9

Bath fitter?
Is there a good bath tub covering that you can install yourself to make it look new? Is it worth it?
4
4

new insulation mat'l
how much more than fiberglass this thing is Over 70 years ago, scientists invented aerogel, the least dense solid known to man, and an insulator four times more efficient than fiberglass or foam....
12
12

Heres the new standard in glass and window cleaners ; toss all the other spray products .
tried dozens of so called good window cleaners but they always left streaks. From reading the comments of Users on the site above, i decided to try it. This is definitely the Best . Incredible...
2
2

Check and maintain those outlets.
Nasty fire in this area, last night. Appears one fatality. Woman woke around 2.30 AM to hear 'popping noise, sparks and flames from an outlet. Managed to get herself and 12 year old out, but suffered...
6
6

New Grainger catalog
So there it was on my doorstep; a medium-sized but heavy box. Opened it up and there was the brang-new Grainger catalog. All 4,130 pages of it, most in 4-color printing. Nicely bound in a heavy cover...
20
20