Subject Author Posted Replies

It pays to save electronics scrap.
It pays to save electronics scrap. I needed a short piece of thin but not too thin single strand wire and I don't seem to have any except for a collection of 8 wires soldered into an octal plug from a...
8
8

OT. what are cuticle clippers for?
OT. what are cuticle clippers for? I've always thought they were for cutting off the little piece of skin that is sometimes at the right or left end of a nail. But it fanally occurred to me that I...
19
19

Cleaning your engine
If your car's engine wasn't very dirty, would you bother cleaning it? If you cleaned it, would you use: A) Gunk Foamy only $6 at autozone but they don't have it! $5.50 at Advance, but not the store...
1
1

Complete 3D House in 5 days?
<> A DUTCH couple has moved into Europe’s first fully 3D-printed house -which could change the way we live in the future.Elize Lutz and Harrie Dekkers'
56
56

OT: Hey Bod
I'm a woman and can open my own jars. Sure, a particularly difficult one might require a strap wrench, although the limiting condition is usually the lack of friction of the glass jar rather than the...
2
2

How to fix a bus.
Most of us are here to discuss home repair. This is a similar discussion about a disabled bus Bus with passengers heads downhill when driver realizes he has no brakes. He is a professional driver with...
1
1

Top Fuel Dragster
I've seen them run but this gives some of the work and design behind them. They also burn fuel at a rate of $100 a second. https://brilliant.org/CuriousDroid Ever wondered how top fuel dragsters can...
2
2

Anyone Know What This Reddish ceiling Material Is?
My son is doing some work on a condo in Las Vegas. The fact that it's a condo in a condo complex may be a clue as to how the ceiling was constructed. (commercial codes vs. residential, perhaps.) The...
9
9

70 series Kenmore washer
Softener dispenser. Washer is approx 20 years old. Serial 267126712. Dispenser is not working properly and clothes are no soft as before and very wrinkled. Regular cleaning of dispenser. Not clogged....
2
2

Manure Boundary
A man put up a manure fence on the boundary line. It's cattle manure. I didn't think cattle manure is that bad compared to hog manure. <> If you think your neighbors are bad, at least they haven't...
4
4

OT. Dominos Delivers
Dominos has a driverless little buggy to deliver food in Houston. <> There's a Sieman's commercial at the start. Maybe 5 seconds. There's a mask wearing guy at the end waiting for the buggy.
19
19

Storm door Larson Tradewinds
Full view just installed. Bought from Lowes. Model 15604031e Is there a way to keep it open other than a concrete block? It has a unique..to me.. top hidden closer. Nice door.
12
12

OT. Apollo 11 Astronaut Dies
NInety years old. Cancer. He didn't land on the moon and might've flown back alone. <> Astronaut Michael Collins passed away Wednesday at the age of 90 due to a 'valiant' battle with cancer. Collins...
2
2

Re: Tennis ball in drain pipe?
whoever suggested the leaf blower, many thanks!! i just got a 2 3/4" rubber ball my grandson dropped into our 3" outdoor drain! tried everything without success. was going to rent a snake, then filled...
2
2

OT ish Toro WheelHorse 520H mower deck installation
Hi all - I've been having a terrible time re-installing my 48 inch side discharge deck after removal for maintenance. It invariably becomes a curse-fest. I feel like I must be missing some little...
13
13