Subject Author Posted Replies

Just One Use items
A friend of mine just wrote to remind me of a good book. You and the Police is an excellent book by Boston T Party. Pays for itself in just one traffic or other ticket. There are so many "just one"...
10
10

Finding reliable Furniture Removal Contractors in Australia
Did you know that you can get dependable furniture removal service quotes for FREE while saving time, money and effort? That is right. At Compare Quotes you can get quality and reliable service. You...
1
1

My Saw needs a Dentist
I broke a tooth on my hand saw. Where do I find a dentist for saws?
1
1

Stihl MS200T stalling on idle after running
I have a Stihl ms200t chainsaw that keeps on trying to sputter out after doing a cut. If I pulse the throttle I can usually get it back to life but I need to hold it at high revs for a while, or else...
4
4

Underfloor radiator
Hi, My contractor mentioned to me (but couldn't remember the brand) that there exist hot water radiators that go between the joists on the floor below and release heat through an opening in the floor....
8
8

Why are radiators made of cast iron
Hi, Why is cast iron a good material for radiators? Why not another metal? Would certainly make them a little lighter and easier to deal with. Thanks in advance, Sam
114
114

Portable Dehumidifier Recommendation needed
Looking for a recommendation for a quiet portable dehumidified. Had a Sears unit which was noisy and failed early. Currently have a quieter Frigidaire unit (30 pints?), but after a few years the...
8
8

OT - RAM bump up
I switched from IE7 to 8 recently. Computer was slow. Bumped up RAM to 2 GB, and hooey, what a difference. You might look at yours and consider this inexpensive easy fix. Steve
57
57

Caliche buster for real men
Among some various other pics I have posted to other newsgroups, here are a couple of pictures of a hoe ram they use in Las Vegas. Extreme SW Vegas, Blue Diamond and Fort Apache area.
5
5

Add a room with only glue gun and screwdriver
"Centuries ago, Japanese homeowners sectioned off interior spaces using shoji screens made of paper and wood. "Today, materials of choice are tempered glass and aluminum, but the goal is the same: to...
4
4

Concrete porch.
I have a 240 sq. ft porch that I would like to "paint". I found a product made by Quikrete that is an epoxy covering that looks like it would do the job. It comes in a kit with a cleaner and color...
8
8

From Ceramic Tile to Wood Laminate
I'm taking up tile and plan on laying down a laminate floor. How critical is getting up all of the thin-set from the plywood? and if so, any suggestions? I'm using a sledge hammer to break it up, but...
5
5

effervescence from exterior brick veneer
Hi, I have a 50 year old home with a pinkish brick veneer. I have lived there about 10 years. There is one side of the house which faces south with an area approx 40 feet tall by 20 feet wide the...
4
4

A bit OT, but good information to have
This is auto, but since we put cars in garages, it is close enough. Most of us here have a car or truck. Want to know if you are the only one having a particular problm? Something to avoid in a used...
2
2

Lifespan of 3/4" Pressure Treated Plywood
Background... We live SE of Phoenix in the desert where we get sparse and infrequent rain. Our soil is typical desert sandy soil. We have a "ground set" manufactured home which is fully supported on...
18
18