Subject Author Posted Replies

Yellow Jacket's Nest in the wall
I'm just glad this nest was abandoned when I popped that piece of drywall off. http://tinypic.com/r/29ap4aw/5
19

Interior remodeling questions w/pics
I'm putting in a double door in my den's entry way. There are a couple of walls I need to put in that will not flush with the existing walls. I'd like to make them easy to take out if we, or another...
14
14

looking for a squirrel cage blower
I'm looking for a CHEAP squirrel cage type blower. When I didn't need one it seems they were everywhere in all my surplus catalogs, now no cheap ones to be found. Wish I could give a size and CFM but...
20
20

Garbage Disposal Problem
We have a double sink. When we run water down the disposal side dirty water comes up into the other sink. We have plunged both sides. Any help would be much appreciated.
3
3

Grout question
I just finished putting in a tile floor in the bathroom. One area, the grout did not seem properly applied (I found some debris had worked its way in when applying it.) My question - I was able to...
13
13

Speaking of batteries...
"The United States Computer Emergency Response Team (US-CERT) has warned that the software included in the Energizer DUO USB battery charger contains a backdoor that allows unauthorized remote system...
13
13

Crown Moulding - Outside Round Corner
For those that may be interested, I recently helped with a crown moulding project in one of my bathrooms. All corners were inside except one, and that one corner happened to be round. is how we...
21
21

Bathroom Tile Job Done
I don't know if anyone is interested, but I got some good tips from this great group. I hired a professional to do the job, and I am quite pleased with the results. I wanted to share this pic with...
6
6

OTP - Millionth Test to Post a Link
OK, I hope this does it. http://i43.tinypic.com/2ag0rjp.jpg
5
5

Electrical Wiring Issue
Hey guys, I have a light fixture on a 2-way switch that suddenly died. After doing some troubleshooting, I found out that when I turned the switch "on", the hot wire would go dead. When I turned the...
9
9

Better Flashlights
Had this 4-cell Radio Shack flashlight that I used every day. The reflector was brittle plastic and it took only one short drop onto *carpet* to crack the bulb housing. Useless, now. Can anyone...
55
55

Trying my luck at posting photos...
Using Picasa for the first time, I thought it might be interesting to post a shot of an epoxy bonded framing done last year. The URL I came up with is: the tinyurl is: Google on an iMac, and I don't...
14
14

Crown Moulding Picture
I am not having any luck sending a pic to this newsgroup. I can use tinypic and get it down to a thumb print, but then it asks for this groups' email address. I am using It tells me it was sent, but...
4
4

At a complete loss with a viking fridge
Hi, I bought a used viking fridge from someone on craigslist. I need to replace several parts, but the label with the model number and serial number is worn: need to replace a few parts in it, but the...
7
7

How to Protect Trailer Fenders
What can I, in the comfort of my own home, apply to the fronts of the fenders on this trailer so that the paint doesn't get chipped off by stones and road debris? bought the trailer used (many years...
9
9