Subject Author Posted Replies

Wacker pump as a sump solution?
I have a house that is built on solid ledge and I'm getting a lot of water lately with all these storms in the northeast. Putting in sump pump will be very difficult to say the least. I can break up...
9
9

suction cup problems on tile walls
I've got some suction cup holder to stick on tile walls in our shower. For some reason, they're not sticking. Anyone know of some kind of clear glue I might get and use which won't hurt the tile???
25
25

How will a new oil furnace humidifier work.
If I get a new oil furnace with humidifier and with AC, is there a method provided to turn the humidifier off, especially the water, OTHER THAN the little valve on the water pipe that feeds the copper...
11
11

Sticky faucet spray hose
The spray hose on my kitchen sink used to slide easily, but eventually leaked and was replaced. The replacement has to be pushed down into its hole after use rather than simply dropping down. Should I...
6
6

What kinds of artisan?
I have a few urgent jobs around the house that I don't feel qualified to tackle but I'm not sure what kind of company or artisan I need to contact for help: 1) Two main-floor and one basement window...
5
5

Abrasive sink polishing kit worked wonders
My sink was stained up and had irremovable hard water/corrosion stains. I went to home depot and found a $10 sink polishing kit. It has various grades of sandpaper. Amazingly it took everything off...
7
7

Ice maker water line
I put a new water valve in the refrigerator,Now when i put back the copper supply it has a small leak at the fitting. I cut the fitting off & installed a new compression ferrule & it still leaks no...
16
16

Flooring nailer
I have a coupon to get this pretty cheap: you tell me if this wil work for layign about 500 square feet of 3/4 inch solid flooring? It says it will do 1/2 and 25/32. DOes this mean it wont do 3/4? I...
14
14

copper powder and roses
Hello has anyone heard of using copper powder to control insects around rose bushes?
5
5

Central Vac overload
Some of you might remember my question about building a silencing cabinet for a central vac. Well, it worked, but too well. The problem is now that if something gets stuck in the hose, we can no...
60
60

Diswasher noise level - 53 db versus 50 db - any real difference??
We're looking at two Bosch dishwashers - one claims a noise level of 50 db, and the other a noise level of 53 db - the features and functionality are pretty much the same - there's about a $100 price...
28
28

GROUT !
A neighbor spent a fortune having ceramic tile installed in her kitchen floor. ( it looked so nice in the picture ) She's quickly found out that; Drop a dish or glass, and it's "smasho" ! But more...
9
9

OSB for interior wall covering
I had a garage with T1-11 and OSB sheathig for the interior ceiling and walls. Apparently one of my 8 foot fixtures had a balast go bad. The fire was spectacular, to say the least. The new garage is...
12
12

Carpet Seam
I have carpet which is pretty old and not able to replace at this time. At a place where 2 pieces butt together, I was told it could not be seamed, so I bought a track at Lowe's, but it didn't seem to...
6
6

Another tiling question
I am in the throes of tiling the walls in the bathroom - all of them. I am using tiles that are almost 2' X 1' (metric equivalent). Anyhow it works out that the bottom tile is approx 1/2" from the...
6
6