14 X 12 Master Bed too small for King bed?

Page 2 of 2

SK wrote:

If this is not a troll post (and I have my doubts and suspicions) get a queen bed.

I don't see the problem. Going into a drawing program, and making a rectangle of the right shape to represent the room, and then smaller rectangles of the appropriate size to represent the bed, and my guesses for the sizes of the night stands and small dresser, it looks like there is plenty of room.
When eyeballing an empty room and trying to visualize your stuff there, it often seems a lot smaller than it really is. Measure everything and actually give it a try, in a drawing program, or get some graph paper and make some cutouts representing the room, furnishings, and people, and play around. Be sure to do your current apartment, in addition to the townhome you are considering, to have a comparison.
--
--Tim Smith

What my mother did, 50 years ago and again 25 years ago, and again 15 years ago, is make a diagram** of the room and measure off the furniture on it, to scale. She didn't use graph paper and I don't think you need it. They even sell kits now with pr-emade paper outlines of furntiure, but that I think is mostly for when you haven't the bought the furniture yet, because if you have it already, you want to use the exact correct dimensions.
**Diagram is too strong a word. Almost all the rooms I have had have been rectangles. You get one side in the right proportion to the adjoining side, and you're done.
The last time she moved, when she was about 78, she forgot to check if the ceiling was high enough for the breakfront, WHERE the breakfront was going to go. Which was right under a heating duct, covered in sheetrock of course. Fortunately, she still had 2 inches of clearance. Normallly of course there was about 14.

Cmon guys...your making this WAY do difficult for the OP, cut 'em some slack.
OP -- the answer is yes, it will fit just fine unless it doesn't. Now get busy liv'n!