Subject Author Posted Replies

Is it just me?
I see lots of ads on TV for cordless drills. In almost every case, they are chucked up to a simple #2 Phillips bit. Why is that? Don't they know about all the quick change extensions? I have used just...
19
19

Heat/air question again
I have been lookign around at used heat/air conditioners for my garage/ shop. It is not used all the time, mainly on weekends currently. It is a 30x30x10 metal building with 2x4 walls in the inside...
31
31

Please identify this building material
On the various home remodeling shows, they erect fences with a material that supposedly doesn't rot and can be painted. I think they use the same material for decks and retaining walls. Landscaper...
11
11

Strange CFL
One of the CFL light s in my bathroom was out so when I touched it it came on for a moment. Figured it may be loose in the socket so I screwed it out and back in and it worked for a minute or two and...
33
33

Deck Steps
Can i put the stringers or the ground or do i need some kind of support ?
12
12

Leafproof gutter covers.
I am planning on having a new roof, gutters, and some type of leaf guard gutter top installed. I have had several quotes from roofers and gutter installers, but have not been able to make any decision...
14
14

Sheet rock screws: fine vs coarse thread?
Awl -- Purpose? Applications? The minor diameter of the fine thread (under 2") appears to be about .115 (mebbe less, due to inadequate penetration of caliper edge), and .090 on the coarse. Ergo, more...
34
34

need help finding replacement door bottom
I have two different door bottoms that need replacing; Home Depot and Lowes do not carry the type I need. But I'm having a difficult time finding the correct door bottoms. Both doors are standard,...
8
8

Tips for transporting a washer and dryer on their side
Going to transport a top load washer and front load dryer on their sides in my station wagon. I believe new ones have a transport bolt that holds things in place during handling, if I transport these...
17
17

filling hole below tiles
More tiling fun... I've got a triangular-shaped channel that I need to fill before tiling over - it's a strip of about 26" long and 2" wide, 1/4" deep along one edge and 0" deep (relative to...
3
3

Pool paint for small outdoor pond?
This is for a friend of mine so I don't have all the details. He said his father has a small concrete or cement outdoor pond in his back yard that he wants to paint. He is wondering what type of paint...
2
2

Mount outdoor outlet to stucco wall
I like to mount an outdoor outlet box to a cement stucco wall. I tried to punch through the breakout tabs at the back of the box but it is not coming off. I am suspecting if it is even really a...
21
21

Washing machine tub - porcelain coated, plastic, stainless
Is there any particular advantage to a porcelain coated tub in a washing machine vs plastic or stainless? Seems plastic and stainless would have the edge since they never rust.
8
8

Lawn Tractor Trouble Update
I promised when I got this fixed I would post the results. Last fall, I was having trouble with my lawn tractor and posted about it. The tractor would run for about a half hour and then just stop. It...
17
17

Drywall
If I were to put drywall in my garage, then cover with the pre painted water resistant 1/8 inch boards at Lowes, would the tapered ends of the drywall be visable? I am debating going with OSB under...
28
28