Subject Author Posted Replies

Vent stack too short at roof
I just had a plumber help me with some remodeling. One of the items he did was swap out my old cast iron stack with a black PVC stack... well I got up on the roof today, and the darn thing is...
8
8

Best way to repair busted pipe in garage wall?
I just found the pipe leading to an outside faucet has busted. Probably due to frozen pipe in the winter. I see two ways to fix this: (1) saw off the drywall and replace the busted section. Then patch...
4
4

Looking for a good trimmer/edger
I just bought on line from home depot this trimmer that had a lot of positive feedback and features, which to the best of my limited knowledge in the subject am not aware of any other brand that does...
10
10

Brick effloresence
I am going to paint some exterior brick on my house, ive cleaned the white efflorence area 3 times with full strength Muriatic acid, I wet it, let it sit a few minutes, scrub then wash and the next...
10
10

Building a floor question?
Hello, If youare building a 14 x 14 platform can you use 2 x 4's for the joists, if the platform is sitting on a floor, and still put kitchen appliances on it? Would putting the joists closer than 1...
7
7

Easy sanding primer
I need a primer that sticks well (wood) and is exceptionally easy to sand. Dry sand. International makes/used to make one that was originally developed to fill the grain on Phillipine mahogany but...
16
16

Noise from neighbors, solutions?
Hello All, I'm glad to see this is such an active group! Hopefully someone here can help me. I live in a 121 home residential complex. It happens that a road runs behind the row of homes in the...
31
31

OT: ESTWAY ladder
Does anyone know who made ESTWAY ladder? I have one of those articulated ladders that folds into 4 sections. I am missing a rubber feet and the other three are beginning to split. I've looked over the...
6
6

How to restore exposed fir beams?
My house is a kinda pseudo-Spanish style, and in the front there are four large wood beams sticking out several feet from the roof line and front porch. I'm guessing they are fir, but anyway they are...
7
7

Underground Sprinkler System Cut-Off Valve
The main shut-off valve to my underground sprinkler system is in my crawl space. I would like to hire someone to extend the shut-off valve underneath the foundation of my house, to the outside. I know...
16
16

Electrical Code question
I'm building a well house/shop. It is about 150' from where the main house will be. It will have a subpanel that will be fed from the main panel at the house. I will be running 6/3 with ground from...
15
15

What happens to the squirel(s) ?
Sure I know they are the squirrel(s) got into my backyard chewed up the fertilizer bags and ate it wonder if they got poison or not ?
15
15

RANT: Do NOT buy a Whirlpool water heater
3-4 yrs ago I bought a Whirlpool water heater. So far, the control panel has failed 4 F'N TIMES! Each time, I've had to call their service center, get the part ordered under warranty, then wait 2-3...
9
9

Attaching cedar baseboard to drywall [problem]
Hello All, I have a problem with some cedar baseboard. We got it straight from a mill. It took us 2 days to sand and tint 30 meters of it. The problem is that the wood either came with or has...
13
13

New scam?
Oil change places used to come out and show you that your power steering fluid is dirty and you need to replace it. (scam) A new one MIGHT be the "replace battery" scam? They show you your battery...
62
62