Subject Author Posted Replies

Home Warranty Companies
We made an offer on a home and I'm interested in "good and bad" reactions to home warranty companies.
22
22

Wasp powder
The church has some wasps that burrow in, and are not at all affected by wasp sprays. The maint guys have been using some kind of powder. Which could be used on homes, possibly during repair. Anyone...
25
25

Will B&S engine bolt to a Tecumseh mower?
I have a 22" high-wheel rear-bagger push mower that won't start. It hasn't run right for a couple of years, and I've had to take off the kill switch and the flywheel brake because the switch was...
10
10

Have older Thermador double oven model #msc228...Working excellent, knobs are fading, help
Hi, I have an older Thermador Double Oven.. It works excellent.. However, the knobs are fading, and you can hardly read the numbers (350 etc..Broil, Clean etc....) I have already tried repair clininc,...
3
3

Cold climate shed posts?
All previous outside structures have built, three sheds one cabin, large wooden deck etc. we have dug down and used posts (stubs of telephone poles and similar. Now wondering if possible to build a...
11
11

Do you need a GFCI outlet?
I needed quite few GFCI outlets, simplex outlets, and 20A outlets for my house. If you've ever bought these you know they are not cheap, at least not $0.59 like the regular stuff. GFCI outlets are...
28
28

Lowes Web Site
Has anyone noticed how painfully slow the Lowe's web site is? It has been like molasses since they redid it. The slowness has caused me to go to the Home Depot site instead. The problem is not my...
26
26

Of course my garbage disposal had to break THIS way
So I'm cleaning up the kitchen last night after getting the kids to bed, running some water in the sink as I rinse dishes. The side of the sink with the disposal starts to fill up a bit, so I do the...
77
77

Help - Wheelchair impossible on my rugs.
I suppose my problem should have been expected, but it surprised me. I have very plush rugs in my dining, living, and bed rooms. My has come up with leg blood clots, and she requires a wheelchair to...
30
30

Cox Latest To Dump Free Usenet Access
"Cox Communications is the latest carrier to inform their customers they're ditching free Usenet access as of June 30. From an e-mail to subscribers:" Dee :-/
28
28

Rebuilding Retaining Walls
My backyard is higher than my neighbor in behind me. To keep the ground level, there is a three foot retaining wall at the back of the yard, which is only a few inches from the fence. The wall is...
24
24

Help me choose a cordless drill
My choices are. Skill $89.00 Ridgid from Home Depot with LIFETIME WARRANTY $90.00 Porter Cable 18 V. with 2 batteries Ni-Cad $99.00
19
19

Can you say fire hazard?
Not only can you still buy breakers but you can get a 50A breaker for your FPE.
10
10

Way OT Baling wire?
I bought 2 bales of straw at Lowes for a seeding project. Surprise the bale was bound with baling wire and not string. I am 60 years old and never seen baling wire used and I worked on the farms a lot...
28
28

replacing main shutoff valve on incoming house water line
Will a Home Depot propane Bernzomatic produce enough heat to remove a 3/4 sleeve copper fitting (my main shutoff valve) ? Have verified the lines are copper and purchased a pressure collar type...
36
36