Subject Author Posted Replies

Removing dishwasher when Laminate Flooring runs right up to it
Hi, We're in the final days of having our new house built with the first walk through scheduled for later this week, but one thing I wasn't sure about is the dishwasher and laminate flooring. The...
30
30

Some say tomato
I googled "how do you pronounce Stihl" and found a few thoughts: "1. The company named "Stihl" says "Steel". 2. The name "Stihl" isn't a conventional German word. 3. If the name was German, it would...
8
8

Lifting metal to ceiling
If I install metal on my ceiling inside my garage, some of the sheets may be 16 foot long. Is there something I could build or come up with to install these myself?
23
23

Fixing a pool Solar Panel
I have a leak in one of my solar panels for my pool. While I will need to replace the panels in a few years, I'd like to keep them for another year or two before replacing them. The problem is that...
14
14

Will Vinyl Trim Support A Storm Door?
I recently replaced my entry door and now it's time to install a new storm door. The Question: Does 5/4 x 4 vinyl trim have as much holding strength as wood? Can I hang a full view storm door from it?...
6
6

repairing river rock surface
The entryway into my house is surfaced with river rock. I failed to properly periodically recoat the surface and now some of the rock has worn away, leaving some small pits. How do I go about fixing...
2
2

Dehumdifier Recommendations?
I'm looking for a new dehumidifier for a 2000 sq ft basement, so want one that is large. The existing one was 70 pints a day, prefer one close to that, but would consider smaller, but probably want at...
6
6

Table saw - ripping thin material?
I just got a used Craftsman table saw on Craigslist, and would like to rip some long, narrow, thin cedar strips from fence pickets. So for example, I would first rip a 5/8" x 3.5" x 6' picket into...
21
21

Animal repellent- squirrel and cat
Hello there, My mother has some flowers in pots and the squirrels love to dig in them. We've put cayenne pepper on the soil but that doesn't seem to work. Lowe's Hardware carries a product called...
13
13

Ping Stormin'
I'm looking for suggestions on what to ask an HVAC person to look for when inspecting the equipment on a home we're probably going to buy. I have a pretty good idea on what to ask, but would...
1
1

Home Warranty Companies
Thanks for the good, useful, comments about Home Warranty Companies. The home we're considering offers one as part of the sales package. If I have to use it or lose it, I'd prefer going with a company...
1
1

WHERE does weed killer get INTO the plant (leaves? roots? stem? mechanism?)
How does weed killer get INTO the plant (leaves? roots? stem? mechanism?) After cutting a 500-yard long path through thick poison oak, I'm now applying huge amounts of glyphosate-based Roundup weed...
40
40

Buzzing Fluorescent
I have a two-tube fluorescent desk lamp that buzzes too annoyingly to use, but it's a terrific lamp otherwise. Any ideas how to silence it?
10
10

Advice on Shop vacs......and sawdust collector question. I need a shop vac badly and want to get a good one.
I"m looking for a shop vac and was wondering if anyone could recommend one they were using and/or one they were displeased with. I'll be using it mainly to clean up dry messes. Dirt, sawdust. Any...
12
12

Shock from Power Tool - What is tooo much? Tips on fixing this?
I have a power tool that occasionally gives me a little tingle when I touch it with an abraded area of skin or maybe the cuticles of my fingers. It doesn't shock my through dry skin. I tested the...
11
11