Subject Author Posted Replies

Following the building code, wood instead of drywall?
I have a customer whose basement flooded. The lower two feet of drywall were removed from the finished section of the basement. To simplify rebuilding and reduce possible damage my customer would like...
12
12

Fence post "transplant"
We are moving a fence and want to reclaim the posts, etc. When we pull them up, they will obviously still have the original concrete around the base. Would we need to have additional concrete when we...
4
4

Cable TV and Internet from different providers over same coax
Hi, We have one coax cable coming into the house for cable/internet services, but I'd like to use Dish for TV and Time Warner for broadband. Is it possible to duplex both signals on the same coax or...
5
5

Suntouch Pentair Solar Pool Controller, anyone have one?
If so, please let me know. I have some questions.

Bum toilet seat
A number of years ago I made a wooden toilet seat from some really nice tiger maple. The finish is still great on it except for one place about an inch long where the lid touches the tank top...the...
42
42

Selecting Lawn Mower's
Which is better Lawn Boy or Toro ? Also i never had a SelfPropeled mower. Are they for specific size lawns ?
30
30

How is metal siding installed?
As I posted elsewhere, I am thinking of at least installing it on my inside ceiling. Typically I think each piece overlaps the other whne going side by side by one rib. Is that correct? Length wise is...
20
20

Another drywall case settled
"A federal judge has awarded more than $164,000 to a family whose home was ruined by Chinese-made drywall. "Tuesday's ruling by U.S. District Judge Eldon Fallon comes less than a month after he...
3
3

Man Steals Electricity With Meat Hook
This seems unlikely. I would like to hear more details. (Reuters) - German police are investigating a man for theft after he siphoned electricity off a high-voltage overhead transmission line for one...
24
24

OT - drying rock salt
The church has a bucket about 2/3 full of rock salt, and water filling the bucket to just over the level of the rock salt. I'm not sure if it's calcium salt, or sodium salt. Any ideas to drying this...
23
23

Interesting "Sawstop" videos
The "hot dog" video is pretty impressive. 've been following this product for several years and it seems to have developed a fair market share. The safety part, stopping the blade within a few...
15
15

American Standard toilet- color is Linen- anyone know which Benjamin Moore Paint this is closest to
I have a new American Standard toilet (LINEN) Trying to match a Benjamin Moore paint to this color,, Anyone know what Benjamin Moore White paint is closest to an American Standard linen?
4
4

How do I get rid of a bird?
And it might be spooked by this: owl rotating - Google Shopping owl rotating - Google Shopping
19
19

An old-fashioned hardware store
I have an older home, so I spend a lot of time in small, old-time hardware stores. They are the kinds of places where the employees have seen it all and done it all. They weren't flipping burgers last...
3
3

Metal siding and stud spacing on walls
I am thinking about using metal siding on my walls as well. I have 2x4 studs 24 inch spacing. Since I think metal is 3 feet wide, will I have to put nailers on top of studs? If it is better I will but...
11
11