Subject Author Posted Replies

What the heck is my tub coated with?
I have a small chip on the outside of my bathtub that the wife unit wanted fixed. OK, so I grabbed some white epoxy porcelain fix stuff. Before using, I figured I'd make sure the area was good and...
15
15

Pressure washer oil leak?
I have a 5HP sears pressure washer with briggs and stratton engine that is leaking oil. This engine has no oil filter or oil drain plug. To change oil I tilt it on its side to drain the oil out and...
11
11

Ceiling fan, light for low ceiling
The ceilings in our bedrooms are barely 7' 5". In several rooms the previous owner installed low-profile ceiling fans with lights. The fan blades are 7" from the ceiling at their lowest and the light...
9
9

travertine flooring
We've had slate or marble tile in entryways and front foyers before, but I'm not that familiar with Travertine flooring. Because of a health problem, carpet no longer works for us, and neither does a...

Battery Drain Mystery
I have in my home a Microsoft wireless keyboard which uses 3 AA batteries. It transmits to a nearby receiver which is connected to a USB port on the computer. When the keyboard was new, the batteries...
69
69

Why Put gravel under concrete?
I have poured many small sidewalks and shed floors and never put gravel under the concrete. I want to pour a driveway section in front of the garage and was told by a guy at the concrete company (who...
22
22

Acrid odor from GE energy smart bulbs
A couple days ago I a pack of 3 GE energy smart bulbs. These things have mercury in them, and they give off a somewhat acrid odor when lit. Anybody else experineced or heard about this and whether...
14
14

I'd rather look at this dead one than have a live one
rat http://www.unexco.com/gallery/mummyrat.jpg

toilet issues
The water is flushing out the tank, but it is not draining out of the bowl. When it does drain out the bowl is drains really really slow. There is not any pressure behind the drain. I read information...
22
22

Bosch DLX series dishwasher doesn't dry...
We have had a Bosch dishwasher for several years now, and I swear it used to dry dishes quite well. I mean, you'd get a bit of residual water in the dimple bottom of an overturned glass, but nothing...
8
8

Sheet metal for backsplash?
I heard that copper or stainless steel make good backsplash for the kitchen. HAs anyone tried them? How about grease from cooking? What effect could that be? Also, do they come on a roll or sections?
11
11

Laminate Flooring
Has anyone bought from Lumber Liquidators ? At HD Laminate floors run around $3.00 sf. Lumber Liquidators show prices around $1.00 Or do you get what you pay for.
3
3

Using UF cable under a deck.
I wanted to put an outlet on the outside of my deck next to the pool for the pump and timer. The deck is attached to the house. Can I run UF cable from my basement under the deck, fastened to one of...
20
20

Slow and Gurgling
My bathroom sink has always been a bit slow. I clean it and it improves slightly. The gurgling takes place when in the shower. The shower drains ok, but the sink is talking to it. I assume this has...
2
2

Gator-Bite and Distorted Copper Pipe
What I've got here is copper pipe coming in as the water main from the street and whoever did the installation bent the pipe from where it comes up from under the foundation to save the work of...
11
11