Subject Author Posted Replies

Elecronic air cleaner unit
Came into possession of an electronic air cleaner unit from a small commercial building that was being gutted and renovated. Overall size about 24 by 18 inches and appears to have been installed...
7
7

HD lumber prices
Have lumber prices gone up significantly at HD stores country-wide? I just went into our local one last week and OSB seems to have doubled in price, with many other wood products also showing...
4
4

PLUMBING QUESTION
I'm roughing in the plumbing for my two story house before pouring the slab. The downstairs bathroom will have a toilet, laundry sink, clothes washer drain and shower. Everything drains to the 3" main...
3
3

EPA has a Most Wanted list
Never new the FPA Had a Most Wanted list.. _Current Fugitive Profiles_ Sample of charges.... - Alghazouli sold R-12 Freon, an ozone depleting substance, that had been illegally smuggled from Mexico. -...
10
10

What is this draft stopping product called?
I have this around the frame of my storm door, and I have seen it on other applications as well. It is a strip of very fine fibers, each fiber about 1/8" long, assembled in a long section which is cut...
5
5

refrig door inside perimeter rubber seal
i've got a rental home that the tenant told me that the refrig door seal that goes around the inside door perimeter is separating at one bottom corner. It is in the bottom corner where the door handle...
3
3

Maglite with corroded batteries
I was going to change the batteries in my 30+ year old 5C maglite because the light was getting dim. Three of the batteries (Evereadys) came right out, but the last 2 were stuck. I pounded on the...
8
8

a simple pvc question
I was assembling a little adapter to make tying a garden hose into an irrigation system. I picked up to parts. Pvc slip to hose end male and female. They were both marked "outdoor use only". Why? It...
21
21

American Standard Champion install problem- level off- more than an inch.. looks lopsided, why?
I installed a new toilet and it looks lopsided. I did remove the old wax ring with a putty knife.. I then put new johnny bolts and layed the new wax ring. The bathroom floor is leveled. When I look at...
14
14

latex spray unit
looking for brands/models for DIY homeowner spray unit for thick latex paint. All past units I have ever tried would not spray thick paints without lots of thinning and were monsters to clean after...
12
12

Suggestion for 24V/120V relay to control new outlet?
I'm looking for suggestions on a 24volt relay with contacts that can handle 120V, 7 amps. I'm looking to install it to control a new 120V outlet that is going in an attic and needs to be controlled by...
50
50

Eternal September
The Eternal-September web page appears to be off line. Any clue what happened to them?
11
11

American Standard Champion toilet- question about flushing and water splash
Just had a Champion (American Standard) installed .. I like it. my question- when one flushes the toilet, seems like the water splashes somewhat... is this normal? if not, what is the cause and how do...
8
8

Chain Saw Oil Question
I recently got a Homelite 16" chain saw by John Deere. It works well, but it puts out so much bar & chain oil, that it virtually drips off of the chain when it is stopped. If I let it idle, it will...
24
24

Rough estimate
I've one estimate (too high)done. I have a roof on a house 22' by 24' that is low (4ft at peak). I want it ripped off and put a gambrel style to utilize the upstairs space. That involves removing and...
30
30