Subject Author Posted Replies

Five Rooms of Flooring Going Into the Dumpster
Good grief! The condo above us was just sold, for half the price the previous owner paid. The last owner spent about a year remodeling and redecorating...all new flooring, new kitchen, some changes in...
22
22

Haha-I was wondering why this floor was sunk down
we first walked through the house I noticed the floor being sunk and spongy in front of the bathroom. I assumed there was some major problem that someone tried to fix, but couldn't, because I could...
24
24

Buying new TV
Whats the difference ? I can get a Sony LCD 32" 720p 60hz. for $ 404.00 A Vizio 32" 1080p 60 hz. for $494.00 or a Vizio 32" 1080p 120 hz. for $ $548.00 Which is the best buy ? Whats the difference...
65
65

styrofoam-like covering
An ad in freecycle offers a dishwasher: worked fine before we removed it*Does NOT have the bottom panel nor the styrofoam-like covering over the top I don't need a dishwasher, but what is the...
2
2

Wierd stain on new driveway
A few weeks ago, we replaced the 40-year-old asphalt on our driveway with pavers. Yesterday afternoon, when I came home, I noticed a large stain that I am 99% positive was not there when I left in the...
53
53

Electric motor struggles to start up
Hi, Is there anything I can do to get the electric motor for my favorite desktop fan to start up properly again? When I turn on the fan, the motor axle/propeller try to rotate (while the motor hums),...
17
17

looking for suggestion on whole house water filter
can anyone recommend a source and any observations on what kind of whole house filter systems work and have parts available? easy maintenance is also a concern. primary reason for this is high iron...
4
4

"Code Compliance" folks on the case
"The City of Austin Tuesday released photos of the web of tunnels a man dug underneath his East Austin home. Under the yellow home are three stories of tunnels... " sticker: "South Austin: We're all...
18
18

Is there a HARDER to operate Digital Lamp Timer than the Intermatic DT500CL
Can there possibly be a harder to operate lamp timer than the Intermatic DT500CL? I'm so sorry I bought it!
12
12

Self cleaning oven to hot?
We have a Whirlpool built in wall oven in a cabinet. The right side is exposed to the room and has a finished cabinet panel on that end. During a self cleaning, the cabinet side gets very, I mean...
5
5

Preferred size for a walk-in closet?
We're going to be putting a second story over our existing living, which will become our master bedroom. The new space will be a perfect rectangle, 23'x18'. This space is for the bedroom and closet....
46
46

For Any Users Of Sikadur AnchorFix-2 (Sika Anchor Fix) For Anchoring Screws In Concrete
Hello, Regarding the product "Sika Anchor Fix" also known as Sikadur AnchorFix-2 used e.g. for anchoring and bonding metal screws in concrete: Question: must the hole in the concrete that the metal...
3
3

Air vent\duct not enough air is coming
My tenant recently complained about one of the bedroom upstairs being too hot. When I checked the vents in the floor (there are 2 vents) in this bedroom, one of them has more air blowing than the...
13
13

Kenmore refrigerator ongoing noise
I have Kenmore model # (60167990 or 10660167990) refrigerator that is making ongoing noise. Freezer is at the top and there is no ice maker. It would stop making noise and start again and again. But...
6
6

Man tags own house
Fed up with anonymous complaints causing building inspectors to bother a man remodeling his house, the owner spray-painted the front of his house: "To the ignorant neighbor who keeps calling the...
12
12