Subject Author Posted Replies

Running a 18volt li-lion battery
I have this edger that uses this battery and the manual says after using it a few times, let it run till your battery is dead and then immediately recharge it and it would finally be at its full...
7
7

Central A/C problems
Hi, I will post more details as I find them, but here's the situation in a nutshell. Our A/C cools air, but barely blows it out. The outdoor unit is on and seems to be functioning properly. We have...
7
7

Drop ceiling around ductwork.
I have to design a transition to flatten out some ductwork to go under a support beam in my basement. This will bring this square section down below the level of the drop ceiling. Where the drop...
2
2

pitfalls in replacing old toilet?
I was in the living room when I heard a loud bang from the bathroom. There was a crack going from a bolt hole in the tank right up the side. Water was spewing out the bottom. It was lucky that I was...
23
23

OT: beef
What the heck has happened? I was recently in a supermarket here in central Florida and was perusing the beef section (I'm seldom in a market). The selection was awful...although labeled "choice" the...
38
38

Oil in my well water
I have had the same well since the house was built in 68. The water was always good and clear. A few weeks after the BP leak I began noticing what looked like a film of oil in a glass. It's gotten...
10
10

Craftsman two-stroke weed whacker pull cord stuck somehow (what can it be)?
I was using the Craftsman two-stroke weed whacker and put it down to change the cutting string and when I picked it up to pull the starter cord, it would only move about five inches. So I took out the...
3
3

OT Incoming phone service only
I went to visit my aunt in the convalescent center. She has dementia. She seems very sharp minded, but sometimes she talks about things you know are just not true. Anyway, her children won't let her...
46
46

Possible termite problem (long post)
I started to clean up my basement and found some issues. There is a place by my foundation that I can see light through and is filled with spiderwebs. Its on my to do list to fill with some of the...
8
8

Sweeping off, Re-tarring and re-gravelling roof.
Roof 40 year old, single storey, 62 by 39 feet (2480 sq.ft), simple shed style low slope bungalow. No valleys or dormers etc. Three roof apertures; brick chimney stack, 3" vent pipe and 2.5" electric...
2
2

Today a/c first time came on(June 12, Saturday)
Hi, After days of lousy wet weather sun came out today and got hot. a/c just kicked in this afternoon. Air cleaner is cleaned, filter is replaced. All looks, sounds alright. Measured temp. between...
9
9

Just helping neighbor
...starting his only once used gas power washer. I just helped as I would normally. My return? He gives me a 24" Rigid pipe wrench. Wanna buy it? It was a friendly act towards him and now I have to...
20
20

Why do we bother with faucet aerators (which simply get clogged over time with lime)?
Why do we bother with faucet aerators (which simply get clogged)? My faucets were almost totally clogged with hard water deposits (I'll call that whitish greenish coating lime for lack of a better...
18
18

Schlage residential keyways
Is it possible to get Schlage residential grade lock hardware with something other than the normal C keyway (preferably E or CE)? Dan Lanciani ddl@danlan.*com
11
11

Self leveling and plywood
I've researched this extensively without a clear conclusion, so time to reach out to the people who have probably experienced it. I have a plywood subfloor that has several uneven parts. My plan is to...
6
6