Subject Author Posted Replies

Briggs gas starvation
I'm having problems with my generator powered by a 8 horsepower Briggs.* I I needed it the other night and it ran okay for 10 minutes and suddenly stopped. From then on it would only run briefly and...
7
7

Toilet started to clog frequently
We have a particular toilet on the second floor, that started to clog from time to time. Every time I could unclog it (I do not recall the name of the tool, it has a rubber bulb and is made to push...
19
19

Energy saving automatic mode on dryer
On many occasions, I've read on this group that using "automatic" mode on a dryer saved energy. I call BS. When I dry clothes in automatic mode, selecting the "Energy Preferred" setting, it takes...
7
7

Concrete floor over dirt basement?
Just bought an 1890 two-story brick house with a stone foundation. The basement is dirt right now, and I'd like to pour a concrete slab down there. There's sufficient cieling height for a 4" slab...
18
18

Glass Refrigerator Shelves (2023 Update)
Will placing a hot pot or dish on a glass refrigerator shelf crack it, or is the glass specially treated to make it crack proof from heat? Thanks.
33
33

Need to extend 12v winch's control cables
I just bought a 12 volt winch from Harbor Freight that came with 50" of 10 gauge wires: two that go to the winch and two that go to the battery... all coming out of the hand control. I really need...
12
12

Couch Problem
My elderly in-laws have a couch that allows you to sink deeply into it when you sit. Because of their physical infirmities, standing is difficult. The frame of the couch is in tact. None of the frame...
28
28

running "structured wiring"
As I'm getting closer to completing rewiring my 2nd floor, I'm thinking that I would like to put cable, internet, phone, etc. in all the bedrooms while I'm messing around... sounds like the easiest...
25
25

Bark off
Anyone ever used this? How far away will it work? I have a neighbor who lets his dogs bark and bark and bark in his back yard. I like dogs but do not like to listen to them bark, sometimes late at...
14
14

Romex cable
What is the difference between NM and NMB romex cable? Code here now will not allow NM to be used. WW
6
6

Generac iX2000
I picked one of these up at Lowes to temporarily power some incandescent lights. With a couple of hundred watts of load I notice that the lights flicker slightly but annoyingly. For a normal generator...
30
30

water in the air
OK, here's a question with some science to back me up. I have a leak in my a/c drain line. It happens to be right under the a/ c unit. Took a while to find the leak, and it turned out just to be a...
16
16

Duro Shed. Oversize Barn model
Any have any direct experience with this model? I am looking at the 8x10 or 8x12.
7
7

OT: Why lithium can't save Afghanistan
For those careful readers who've been following the recent news that there might be vast untapped stores of mineral wealth in Afghanistan, I offer the following article, a good antidote to the "let's...
2
2

recommend a quality CATV splitter please!
Subject says all... today I had my cable box lock up and when I rebooted it the picture was all shaky and jaggy, so I took it back to the service center and traded it in on a shiny new one. I found...
26
26