Subject Author Posted Replies

rope question
greetings, i would like to hang a bird feeder between 2 mature tree's (about 50 feet)and i need suggestions on a type of rope that can be stretched rather tight, hold up to the elements( UV, ice,...
36
36

Where to buy
I want some boards that match the profile on my window sills. Can & where can i buy lumber with the profile on it ?
18
18

Setting the Intermatic DT500CL digital self adjusting timer is impossible
I give up. I never should have bought that Intermatic DT500CL digital self adjusting timer! I just want to get that out there because I'd hate to see another person have to go through the frustration...
5
5

Wasp nest disappeared?
Awl -- Really strange -- In the front hedges, a small round wasp nest (yellow jackets) started to grow -- and grow, and grow.... What started out the size of an orange quickly grew to the size of a...
18
18

Sidewalk settles, basement getting water
There is a sidewalk along the side of my house. It has settled in an area maybe 40 feet long so that it no longer pitches away from the house but rather towards it. I get a small amount of seepage....
4
4

OT phone solicitation
I'm just checking if anybody here has any thoughts about my problem. Just moved from a different state in May and now have Cable, Internet and Phone from Time-Warner. We are inundated with calls for 3...
63
63

rotted porch
I have a New Orleans style porch which has rotten wood which I am removing. There are three sections. The ground level porch is all right and made from brick. The second level (the New Orleans porch)...
5
5

Who installs shower grab bars and shower seats
An elderly friend is in the hospital and has asked me to find someone (she prefers a business over a handyman) who can come to her condo and give her an estimate for installing a shower grab bar and a...
21
21

Man tried to hit his landlord with his van
?A Tulsa man has bonded out of jail after he was arrested early Wednesday morning on a complaint of assault with a dangerous weapon. Tulsa Police say 28-year-old Jesse Thornhill tried to run down his...
17
17

improve cooling to the bedroom
I would like to improve the air flow to the master bedroom in my house. Presently, the air is not as cool as it should be. It's about 5 degrees warmer than the other rooms. Physically, this bedroom is...
27
27

irrigation pump help
I'm looking for advice on an irrigation pump. Our neighborhood well has capacity issues and we would like to use the lake for our drip irrigation system. Since it's a drip system I only need about...
9
9

P-Trap Cunundrum
Hi hope that someone from this excellent group can help with this one. It's sure got me scratching my head. We have a main-floor laundry room with a sink in our two story home. The washer drains into...
22
22

Am I imagining this or has anyone else noticed it also.
It seems to me that during the past ten years or so patching plaster is setting a lot faster and roofing cement is drying and cracking a lot sooner. I=92m talking about the common plaster and roofing...
10
10

A $5 part *****kills***** a $4000 Generac generator
I personally installed a Generac natural gas stand-by generator 5 years ago, after a freak October ice storm knocked out electricity in this area for nearly 2 weeks. The Generac has worked flawlessly...
50
50

Hillbilly HRV
Hillbilly HRV I had my house insulation upgraded and some leaks sealed. I'd like to do more sealing, but will need some external ventilation. I read that, for a well-insulated house, 40% of the heat...
2
2