Subject Author Posted Replies

French press coffee maker
Got me a new French Press but it doesn't have volume lines. Can't scratch them on with an etching tool because it gets hot. Worried glass might break along the lines if I etch them in. Put a marker...
29
29

Green slime
How do i stop green sludge and slime build up in my condensate pump??
1
1

Electrical short?
Hi everyone, For the last week when going to sit on the back porch in the afternoon the ceiling fan will not come on. I have checked the fuse box and all the plugs with trips and nothing is tripped....
5
5

OT Barn
OT barn (symbol: b) is a metric unit of area equal to 10-28 m2 (100 fm2). Originally used in nuclear physics for expressing the cross sectional area of nuclei and nuclear reactions, today it is also...
3
3

lawn mower horsepower
Do they rate home ridding lawntractors horsepower way over what the are ? In the last 15 years I have had 3 mowers counting the one I bought this year. It is rated for 25 HP, but does not seem to be...
30
30

No actual Duct, Just CInder Block Pathways
I just recently installed hvac system from swamp cooler. Was really expecting to have a freezing house at the push of a button. Unfortunately it's not working as I anticipated. When the installers...
6
6

For Sale: Damaged, Stinky House. $590,000
This is in Colorado Springs, Colorado., <> The Colorado Springs house has extensive vandalism damage from a previous tenant, soiled carpets and a fridge in the basement filled with year-old meat in a...
18
18

Water Hammer
I purchased a new timer for my lawn sprinkler and when it shuts off there is a loud bang in the pipes. My previous timer apparently shut off more slowly and did not have this problem. I know why I am...
6
6

price of propane
How come Amazon is charging $38 for 3 14-ounce cans of propane one else is much cheaper, except Walmart is charging $3.58, less than 1/3rd the price, even though buying a smaller quantity Home Depot...
118
118

How easily does chopped ivy grow?
If I tear dead ivy off my wall and leave it on the ground, and chop it up with a lawn mower, will the little pieces grow and make even more ivy?? What if only the leaves are involved and they are...
3
3

OT. Chinese Technology Theft
The hacking that shut down the Colonial Pipeline illustrated how vulnerable the U.S. is. The articles I saw were mostly about city people not having fuel to drive. This talks about Chinese efforts to...
12
12

Pebble Tec Flooring. How to remove it.
So, I am about to buy this house, but the kitchen, laundry room and bathrooms have this super out dated pebble tec flooring like 90's style. Please tell me someone knows how to remove it or if I could...
1
1

OT. Plane Found After 56 Years
<> The editor wasn't paying attention. "California?s never-ending drought" is a bit of an exaggeration. Maybe the delta smelt will be officially declared extinct so more water can be saved for humans.
4
4

OT: Why are 3 door cars allowed on the road?
We have safety requirements for almost everything, but having no door next to you in the back is surely a problem in a fire or rolled squished car?
253
253

How do I remove the blade from my Black & Decker electric lawn mower?
How do I remove the blade from my Black & Decker electric lawn mower? Before anyone complains, yes, I've already looked on google, and what it says is "Remove the nut that holds the blade"! Duh. (And...
35
35