Subject Author Posted Replies

Electrical safety and other questions
My basement room is going quite well but I had some questions about electrical. My buddy left all the power on to the lights and outlets so we could make use of them while working on the basement....
8
8

Paintable fabric-backed vinyl wallcovering
GenCorp used to make it under the Sanitas brand, pattern 45-6720. That item is no longer available. I'm looking for a replacement. For my current requirement it must be a smooth paintable vinyl with a...
6
6

Making Long Window Header Opinions
When making headers for windows etc, is it better to use Plywood or OSB between the 2 x's --- news:// - complaints: ---
14
14

Washing machine leaking - info please
Have a 10 year old Maytag top load washer that is leaking about two quarts of water per wash load. Leak is not coming from input hoses. So, I suspect a problem where the drain hose attaches. At my...
14
14

Advice for converting Sears Craftsman 220V compressor plug to washing machine plug
I just want advice for the conversion I just did before I plug it all in. Details: 1. I have a two-phase 220V Sears Craftsman compressor which uses a 220 volt plug with one blade sideways (otherwise...
81
81

outside ac unit is very very hot
insurance sent ac tech for 2nd opinion he said the compressor was going bad because the fins were deteriorated over 30% of the area. he blames this on animal urine. is this possible? what else could...
5
5

Slant/Fin Baseboard Nu-White color-Is it White of more Off White/Cream color?
I have a Slant/Fin baseboard in my bathroom and the end caps have rusted and need replacing. They are just about 5 years old. The baseboard color seems more of a cream/off-white color rather than...
2
2

PVC Cutting Tip Previously Posted
A bit back someone posted about cutting PVC pipe straight using a hose clamp as a guide. Had to cut an existing piece of 3" up between joists near the subfloor. Borrowed the dryer duct clamp and used...
5
5

another irrigation pump question
Thanks for the pointers on the last one. Much appreciated. I had no idea there were suction limits. I have not talked to the corp yet but I have heard via others that they do issue permits for...
14
14

rope question
greetings, i would like to hang a bird feeder between 2 mature tree's (about 50 feet)and i need suggestions on a type of rope that can be stretched rather tight, hold up to the elements( UV, ice,...
36
36

Where to buy
I want some boards that match the profile on my window sills. Can & where can i buy lumber with the profile on it ?
18
18

Setting the Intermatic DT500CL digital self adjusting timer is impossible
I give up. I never should have bought that Intermatic DT500CL digital self adjusting timer! I just want to get that out there because I'd hate to see another person have to go through the frustration...
5
5

Wasp nest disappeared?
Awl -- Really strange -- In the front hedges, a small round wasp nest (yellow jackets) started to grow -- and grow, and grow.... What started out the size of an orange quickly grew to the size of a...
18
18

Sidewalk settles, basement getting water
There is a sidewalk along the side of my house. It has settled in an area maybe 40 feet long so that it no longer pitches away from the house but rather towards it. I get a small amount of seepage....
4
4

OT phone solicitation
I'm just checking if anybody here has any thoughts about my problem. Just moved from a different state in May and now have Cable, Internet and Phone from Time-Warner. We are inundated with calls for 3...
63
63