Subject Author Posted Replies

The best day of my life.
A tow truck is here to take my neighbor's BMW away. It just doesn't get any better than this. The tow truck is blocking the driveway so he can't get out.
49
49

joining together sheet metal for roof
I am thinking about buying 8x10 pieces of sheetmetal, which one of my contractors is going to be joining up. We were thinking of buying a acetelene torch /w fuel, but that would cost around $200. Are...
4
4

Contractor's grass seed
Just moved into new construction. Everything in the house seems to be of average or higher quality, but the grass seed that they spread on the lawn is coming in extremely clumpy. I will say that it...
12
12

Coasting in neutral doesn't save gas
So says Popular Mechanics: 'Course the author is assuming an internal combustion engine. Presumably with a hybrid, the coasting actually CHARGES the batteries, thereby increasing gas mileage. I'm not...
69
69

Swimming Pool Sand Filter ???
I've got a 10,000 gal. in ground pool in Central TX. Changed the sand last year. Check the PH and chlorine daily. Shock one a week. Get my water tested a few times a year for alkaline and hardness at...
13
13

AC low freon?
My central AC a 1996 Lennox 3 ton stopped blowing air yesterday, I looked at the air handler coil and it was frozen, filter is new and a 4" so I let it thaw and ran it without the filter thinking...
36
36

Weed Wacker advice needed
Which weedwacker would be the best choice,Coordless or Gas Powered ?
9
9

[time sensitive] drilling through tile
My client has prospective in-laws coming in on Saturday, and I've got a hot date by 6 pm Friday at the latest, so I've got to get squared away on this within 12 hours or so. I have to drill through...
19
19

Speaking of Harbor freight
From another newsgroup....
7
7

replacing lamp socket (that light bulb screws into): brass or silver goes to wide-blade?
The new socket (thing light bulb screws into) has, of course, two screws for the ac-cord to wrap around and screwed tight. Polarized plug -- one "blade" regular, one wide. Which one goes to the brass...
3
3

How to screw a tin-can (for pencils) to wood surface (so won't fall off)?
I use tin cans (eg goya beans) for storing pencils and pens of one kind or another. But sometimes it wall fall off the shelf it sits on (or I knock it off), and the pencils end up all over the floor....
54
54

Sharpe Microwave Work nite Light stays on
The two lights on the underside of my over the stove Sharpe R 1480 Microwave oven started staying on and the switch (button) on the control panel has no effect of turning them off. I had to unscrew...
5
5

plant id - suspect ivy
started to pull these off and froze when i saw it. can i get a confirmation that these are poison ivy? thanks http://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab318/kantil/th_pic1.jpg...
9
9

color of exterior sealer
I've been refinishing exterior wood with Thompson's water seal. I had 2 different methods for preparation: 1) Where I could remove the wood, I sanded it down to adios the grayed wood. 2) On the...
9
9

Outlet Boxes: clamps & gromets required?
I'm adding a couple of steel outlet boxes and switch boxes in my residence, fed by 12-2 w/g Romex. I've noticed in Lowes some of the boxes have clamps built inside to secure the Romex, and some don't....
52
52