Subject Author Posted Replies

Air conditioning/water help
I have a 12 year old Carrier weathermaster 9200. It has been a good unit. I have it installe din the crawl space with insulated flexible duct. To make a long story short, my duct work is wet. Soem...
17
17

Circ saw
As a follow-up to a recent thread (re replacing DW with Bosch) where a comment about left blade circular saws came up.... At the time it occurred to me that both my corded and cordless models were...
3
3

Holey motor, Batman!
I'll admit, I don't remember who suggested it. Dufus, or Bub? Drill a hole or two in a motor, to allow for cleaning or lubricating. Today I pulled apart a dehumidifier, which I'd picked off the curb...

tempered glass for windows?
I just priced the windows for the last room in my 100 yr old house. One of the options the salesman offered was tempered glass. My first instinct was 'sure, why not?' -- but the more I think about it,...
14
14

Glass cooktop replacement
Frigidaire FES365ESA Found diagrams, parts list, and part, but they don't show how the top is fastened. tried to talk her into just replacing the stove (because I hate that SOB, and I assume it's...
8
8

Manual for Black & Decker 'GrassHogXP' string trimmer.
I'm hoping to find a .pdf manual for my Black & Decker 'GrassHogXP' string trimmer that I can download. My searches so have not got me what I need and I'm hoping that you may be able to point me in...
2
2

HOA minimizes fire risk
It's in the UK, but still... "You may think a large pool of water is a useful thing to have around in the event of a fire. But officials at a block of flats have banned children from playing in...
60
60

Malibu lights problem
3 out of my 6 malibu outdoor lights on a line went out (over a few months). No problem. I bought bulbs and tried to install them. They did not work. Okay, it's outside sockets full of dirt and bugs so...
4
4

Attaching hinges inside cabinet
Installing euro hinges but inside walls are only 1/8 or maybe 1/4 thick. Ive tried using a 1" #6 but holding strength is barely adequate. Is there a special fastner like a drywall screw for this...
2
2

Drywall Over Steel Basement Reinforcement Studs
Greetings, I just had my basement walls reinforced with steel beams installed every 36 inches on average. I had to tear the drywall down for the finished portion of the basement and am now trying to...
12
12

Do dishwashers need drain hose to rise above level of drain pump?
I have a dishwasher located in an area where there is no pre-existing plumbing (ie - no sink nearby). I've brought the water supply from the basement directly below the dishwasher through a hole in...
76
76

Tub re-caulk
I am having a very long and annoying time removing the old caulk from my tub where it meets the tile wall. Somebody did a terrible job recaulking, a while back. I tried repeatedly to deal with the...
20
20

I hate CMUs (concrete blocks)
Well, I really don't hate them. I've (registered Civil Engineer) designed a lot of retaining walls and load bearing walls using CMUs (Concrete Masonry Units). I hate how they are totally abused and...
18
18

Goo-Gone substitute(s)
Something ordinarily in one's entourage of household chemicals? Label stuck on plastic is the target. Suggestions?
49
49

A small tube of waterproof grease
On occasion, I get to work on refrigerated equipment. The suction line typically has a steel valve, with a steel cap over the valve shaft. And often a steel cap, over the gage port. These theads get...
18
18