Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Cell phone voice recognition
I would post this to a cell phone Usenet group, but I don't know of an active one. If anyone knows of one, I would appreciate the name of the newsgroup. My cell phone has a feature that you can speak...
13
13

Garage Floor epoxy recommendations
The house we're trying to buy (a Short Sale) has a plain, gray, concrete floor. My plan is to first pressure wash it, then go over it with dilute Muratic acid, followed by a gentle flushing to remove...
13
13

temp control switch on a kenmore washer
I need to replace the temp control/temp selection switch on my old kenmore-the guy who sold it to me told me how to get the old one out but its been a few weeks and duhhh....I forgot. I've got the...

Automotive (tractor, really) cushioning/dampening foam???
JD 4440 tractor radiator workover... Original had high density roughly 3" wide by 1" thick foam on underside of hood across full width of radiator for cushion -- fell apart (it's only 30-yr old) and...
8
8

Gate Valve Orientation
Use ball valves. OK, now that that's out of the way... I Googled about installing them upside down like in a basement. Saw pros & cons. Mostly about it promotes sediment collection messing up the...
7
7

Asphalt Hole Patching: Liquid Products For ?
Hi, Have a "good size" hole in asphalt driveway. On the deep side, also. I guess I'm going to have to get some of the Cold-Patch stuff, but was wondering if there is any patching product that is a...
2
2

Polyurethene? ? ?
I'm refinishing a mahogany dining room table top. I plan to strip the old varnish, sand thoroughly, stain, and cover with a high-gloss polyurethene. Question: Which is better, oil-based or water-based...
21
21

Manuals for Philco refrigerator N300H
Where can I find it?
4
4

GE Dishwasher Won't Drain
My GE dishwasher (Model GSD3408K00WW) seems to cycle normally except it doesn't drain the water at the end of the cycle. This model doesn't have a "cancel" button to drain and reset. Any suggestions?...
13
13

How NOT to build a wall
I'm just finishing the demolition phase of a minor remodeling project in my basement, removing about 8 feet of wall installed by a previous homeowner. This project teaches a lesson: How NOT to Build a...
39
39

OT: Texas to EPA: "That stinks"
Letter to Lisa Jackson, Administrator EPA "In order to deter challenges to your plan for centralized control of industrial development through the issuance of permits for greenhouse gases, you have...
93
93

Balancing valve
I picked up one of these cheap today, was hoping it was a diverter valve, but apparently not, I've never had one, what is the purpose of it, to begin with? Page Not Found
16
16

Voltage of Battery Operated Tools
I recall when they first came out they were six volts and had no power at all. My first tool had 9 volts, and did a fair job, until one day when the battery literally exploded when I was drilling into...
8
8

Pressure washer question, will it rip a weed in two?
I have weeds growing between my patio pavers (lots of them, as I have been away on vacation for a while). they are a bitch to pull out, roots are strong. If I rent a gas powered pressure washer will...
5
5

Long throw
I need to spray along the edges of my lake but need a longer throw than I can get with my current setup. If I can throw a stream "X" feet now with my current setup what do I need to throw twice as...
4
4