Subject Author Posted Replies

Do they make a tool to clean up threads on a garden hose?
Both ends of my garden hoses are kind of beaten up but the brass is still thick and strong. Do they make a relatively inexpensive (as compared to the hose) tool to clean up those threads? The problem...
50
50

Anybody with ATT Cell
Im in a dead zone and I just got ATT Micro Cell, a home cell signal booster. Before I had to go to a window to talk, get dropped at any time and have no basement reception, and sometimes in some rooms...
16
16

Room above driveway is warmer
I have 4 rooms all upstairs. Below 3 are all indoors like living room, etc. They're cool. One is above outdoor driveway. It's noticeably warmer. I can't think of any explanation. One day I used a...
22
22

New Fridge - setting up monitoring
Just got a new fridge, and I thought I would try monitoring operating parameters with my home automation system. I 've got sensors for kWhs used, ambient room temperature, freezer and refrigerator...
39
39

HEPA Air return filters
Hi, I want to put a HEPA filter in my A/C Air Return Grille. I check local big box stores and didn't find anything. Strike-out at local A/C suppliers such as Michael. I did a google search "HEPA Air...
28
28

Can't wash bricks in a front-loader
I'm glad that question is now settled. Video
15
15

Large wasp nest
You think you've got problems. "[UK] Britain's biggest wasp nest has been discovered in a pub in Southampton... measuring a staggering 6ft by 5ft and containing half a million insects.
16
16

Eek! Wrong group.
Several posts that should have gone to were posted here. I apologize for the distraction.
6
6

Killed dog was possessed.
"[GULF BREEZE, Fla.] A Panhandle man has been charged with killing and skinning his family dog because he believed it was possessed by the devil." Completely understandable. The dog was a...
3
3

If it floats like a boat...
Florida Commission of Nannies, Pokenoses, and Nay-sayers says it's a house and can't be moored to a dock. So the owner sailed the thing to the middle of the river, anchored it, and raised a...
1
1

Why do houses burn in a fire?
Why do houses burn in a fire? Well, I think everyone knows that answer. Its because most houses are made from flammable materials such as lumber. But there's a catch. Lumber will only ignite if it's...
36
36

My first thought was not: "Must fix roof"
"[UK] Naked woman falls through roof "A naked couple who clambered to the top of a building triggered a full-scale rescue by the emergency services after the woman plunged through the roof. "
3
3

OT: Aug 25th, 2010 - New record set
"In 1906 the fastest automobile of any kind was a Stanley Steamer, which driver Fred Marriott took to the then-astonishing velocity of 127.659 mph. " "Out on the course, FIA[Fédération...
6
6

Kenmore electric dryer not shutting off
Got an elderly Kenmore electric dryer that once in a while won't automatically shut off - it heats OK, runs through the cooling phase at the end of the cycle, then just sits there with the drum motor...
8
8

Remove ceiling treatment
In the attached pictures, is this "popcorn" treatment of the ceiling? it is, it is kind of "crumbly" and if one touches it or brushes against it hard, it seems to fall off in little crumbs. We're...
17
17