Subject Author Posted Replies

Right way to wire a generator tranfser switch?
Hi Readers, The installation instructions for the generator transfer switch I want to buy (figure 4 on page 5 of that I'm to leave neatly placed wire nuts as connections inside the circuit breaker...
14
14

Weber barbecue: Regulator prevents full temperature unless you play with main value
The one thing I hate about my 1-year-old Weber grill is that you have to open the main propane valve very carefully or the regulator will kick into some sort of safety or limiter mode and the grill...
20
20

Lightening
If lightening hit my well head, a pipe about 2 feet tall with a cap sticking out of the ground, can it follow the pipe down to the water, come in to the pump and out to my show head and zap me?
28
28

TWo parts in one?
In a Kitchenaid Dishwasher, is it ever the case that the door swtich is part of the same part as the float switch?
2
2

Electric Range Hot Spot
My wife is is the hospital so I have to cook for myself again. Last night I was boiling some water on the electric range and noticed that there was one spot on the outermost spiral of the heating...
10
10

Block mortar
I'm doing some blocks to do a block wall, and some bricks. The components of Portland, sand, lime, etc, I'm sure are cheaper in toto than bags of the mortar mix. However, one has to buy quantities of...
5
5

Whirlpool ad at Costco
Latest ad shows a nice sale on a Whirlpool washer and dryer called the Duet Sport. That's right, Sport. I called SWMBO over to ask what made a laundry pair a Sport model, and got the expected...
3
3

Soundproofing A Condo
Why do your want to soundproof a condom? It you doing the screaming when you have an orgasm, not the condom. Just put some vaseline on it so it dont squeak.
2
2

OT JetBlue flight attendant allegedly fled his plane via emergency chute -- beer in hand
To Go!
65
65

sanding down a formica surface
We have a dining table with a two sided top. One has a good real wood veneer finish and the other a fairly pleasent woodgrained pattern formica. I decided to take some scratches out of the formica...
11
11

peculiar fuse sizes in fuse block
Hi. I have 100amp service to my home, entering the main old(er) fuse panel to a 100AMP fuse block, then splitting 3ways: one set of wires to a separate new(er) panel (with about 20 circuit breakers...
3
3

Replacing the bearings on a front-loading washer
Hello, My 6 year old Kenmore front loading clothes washer was getting louder during the spin cycle, so I figured the bearings were worn. I tore it down to remove the two bearings holding the spin...
6
6

OT: Postal mailbox, is it necessary?
Is it necessary (required by law) for my home to have a mailbox? I tried googleing around but could not find a difinitive answer. I cant think of any reason to have a mailbox lately, as I can instruct...
28
28

setting tile with mortar in basement
I am setting 12 X12 glazed ceramic tile on my basement's concrete floor. I have been using premixed mortar from a big box store, applied with a notched trowel the way you're supposed to. I have a few...
2
2

deck skirts
It is. Get some Talstar One (shop ebay for the best $) and spray 1' up and 1' out every 90 days, according to the label directions. I'd probably use a 1/2 strength concentration. I think I'd stack a...
10
10