Subject Author Posted Replies

Air Conditioner Outside Condenser Cover Question
High, Live in New England. Lots of snow in winter. Re a house air conditioner I have just had installed, where the A/C's Condenser unit is, of course, located outside. Do most folks put a cover of...
8
8

Flusher Fixer Kit
My toilet had a slow leak into the bowl so I installed a Flusher Fixer Kit which did not solve the problem. Before I simply assume I got a dud and replace it again, I thought I'd check with you guys...
3
3

Leaking Parker ball pen
I thought Parker ball pens were not supposed to leak, mine has even though it's not been stored upside down. It's very sticky inside. Is there any good way to clean it out? Thanks for advice.
31
31

OT - Ocean City, MD - Anyone Been There?
I'm taking the family to Ocean City, MD next week. Is anybody familiar with the area? We're not big time partiers so I'm not interested in bars and night clubs. I've already done the requisite...
10
10

Continuous power strip
Hi, Saw at a lighting store (wasn't for sale) a continuous 4" power strip. It was a narrow strip with long grooves that allowed one to plug in anywhere along the strip. Can these things be found for...
13
13

What type of nails to use?
If you were going to crucify someone (nail them to a wooden cross), what kind of nails would you use?
19
19

Siding
Anyone know what the lap or clapboard siding is called that is made of a fiberboard like masonite? Is it still available anywhere to match old siding on a house now. Thanks R --- news:// - complaints:...
9
9

Anyone know about "Rock Solid" concrete coating?
Some clients are interested in this product (Rock Solid, Inc. coated concrete covering): 's apparently an overlay of limestone plaster applied over existing concrete, with a bond coat in between. Can...
1
1

Fiber Optic Spyhole?
Here's the problem: I live in a 3 story house with a two car garage and workshop down on the ground floor. The living space begins on the second floor. I am in and out of the garage all day long and...
44
44

wiring 220volts
i have a work shop my fatherinlaw left me.he wired it 110volts from the outside panle box on the house.what do i have to do to get 220 to the shop for woodworking tools...
22
22

Icemaker for Kenmore Elite Mystery
I have a Kenmore Elite, Model 105.56709500, which has done a good job of working with minimal efforts (a few DIY filters replaced for the water and ice dispensers, coils vacuumed, etc.) towards...
2
2

What is this insect?
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/4598/ans.jpg
6
6

Engine trouble again
My Vanguard V twin began searching, racing up and coasting down, racing up and coasting down. Like the acceleration jets were fine but the idle jet was plugged. Not so. It has a fuel solenoid on the...
5
5

removing vinyl tile and direct heat
I have some old commercial vinyl tile I'm taking up. I've noticed this is impossible without adding heat. How is this typically done. The electric heat gun was slow and hot! Currently I'm leaving an...
15
15

How do you tell good carpet from bad carpet?
I need to carpet my house. I went to a few stores today and talked with the sales guys. The price of carpet seems to be related more to the store image than the quality of the carpet. One guy...
52
52