Subject Author Posted Replies

Whos used Lanco Pure White Elastomeric Roof Paint (over black asphalt shingles) with sucess ?
I see Home DePot carries it. Easy to apply ? Lasts long time ? Stays bright white for a long time ? Tips ? Thanks.
4
4

leveling a floor
I have 1929 house on a stone/concrete foundation and plaster walls. I'm working on leveling the floor in one of the rooms. It's impossible to level this just with jacking as it will cause unevenness...
4
4

patching plywood deck
I have a 9"x18" section that has delaminated. I tore it out down to good plywood to a depth of .18". I have some plywood and 9" solid pine stock I could "plane" down (multiple passes with a dado...
5
5

Asphalt repair still soft
I had a big tree root growing underneath my driveway. I took up all the asphalt, cut out the tree root, and made everything all level again. I kept the small stone underneath as a base. I used a hand...
3
3

Any other use for golf-cart charger?
I have two 36 volt, 20 amp golf-cart chargers that no one else in town would be interested in repairing. One broke ten years ago, one two weeks ago, and the business which owns them have already...
23
23

Dishwasher power gone???
I have a Kenmore Elite DW and today is has no power. I checked the breaker for its dedicated circuit and it was not tripped. I reset it anyway. There were no other breakers tripped. I thought before I...
8
8

Charging Battery On Garden Tractor
Did a stupid thing and ran down the battery. Now it's on a 12V 2/6 amp charger. Every two hrs., I remove the charger from the AC source, negative ground clamp, and positive clamp and attempt to crank...
31
31

Would someone please decipher these phone cables?
Would someone please decipher these phone cables? There are four cables going into the phone box. One of the cables' blue/dot blue conductors is terminated with a plug and plugged into a jack. This...
7
7

Tecumseh 6 horse 2 cycle.
1) clean up your language. This is open forum. Children, priests, nuns, and Mormons read here. 2) When an engine can't stabilize at a desired RPM, this is called "word deleted" and the problem is...
7
7

Sealing 30 yr old double wide concrete driveway
Just got done power washing the bitch. Took 15 hours but it does look great now. Want to either spray or roll something on it. Suggestions?
9
9

Wireless Burglar Alarm
I'd like some advice on Burglar alarms. I'd like to help secure a small 900SF rental house. I suppose a couple of wireless door sensors and a couple of wireless motion sensors. I'm confused about...
21
21

"whitetopping" an asphalt drive
We moved into our refurbished (FHA rehab loan) 1979 home back in March. I had been planning on just applying a couple of those "squeegee" sealcoats onto the old asphalt drive, but the huge and very...
12
12

Oak Flooring
How is hardwood flooring fastened down over a concrete slab. This is the real oak that is then sanded and finished. If an oak floor, such as the above, has been refinished once, can it be sanded and...
16
16

Trailerable housing
This looks a fair bit better than the typical container-house solutions. could buy a lot as a vacation home, and take the vacation home home with you when you left! R
13
13

Architectural Software
I was drawing on graph paper and thought, why aren't I doing this on the laptop? Recommendations? Perhaps a little CAD program is all I need. My friend who is making building plans is using Photoshop...
7
7