Subject Author Posted Replies

Is my stream safe to drink
What are the chances I can safely drink the water in the stream next to my house? When I first moved in, I was told the county would test my water for free, but I dawdled for 20 years ago and then was...
28
28

OT: Comcast Xfinity TV, HBO and HBO Max
Anybody know if HBO Max is included if you already get HBO on your Comcast Xfinity TV service-- or do you still have to buy an HBO Max subscription? I spent a frustrating hour today both online...
18
18

OT. "As a woman.............."
Video of a traffic stop. A woman got pulled over for texting while driving. She had to show the cop how her hands were shaking. <> Body cameras seem nice to have even if they aren't showing some shoot...
2
2

give me AM radio
with all the antennas in some new cars -- high-tech luxury sedans may carry 18 or more -- it takes a major engineering effort to design vehicles that do not bristle with metal quills. Why You Have Bad...
55
55

Passwords gone mad
My brother just called. He's applying for something and the webpage won't go to Step 2. I coudlnt' get it to work either. Look at the rules they have for making up a password: Password Requirements...
123
123

OT: Point of "the fact that"?
What's the point in adding "the fact that" to a sentence?
10
10

How to lubricate plastic air pump.
I bought this air pump, it says on it to make sure its sealing rings are always lubricated, but it doesn't say with what. No special reason you guys should know, but I'm asking here anyhow and if no...
21
21

Raccoon in House
A woman had a bit of a surprise. <> Haley Iliff came home from New York to find an unexpected visitor in her bedroom: a raccoon. The visitor count quickly multiplied.
10
10

Customer Support Can't Find Their Own Privacy Policy
The following is a condensed version of an email conversation that I am currently having with a company. I'm not naming the company - for the time being. I want to see where this goes. The product is...
1
1

Snowblower will not shut off with the key switch, must disconnect spark plug to get it to shut off.
Murray 4.5 hp snowblower will start and run without the key. Key switch will not shut off the engine. Even pulling the kill wire off the coil will not stop engine. Must pull off spark plug to get...
6
6

OT. Kids, cassettes, and rotary dial phones
<>
7
7

Stretch hook springs
How to stretch out side two hook springs And hook them on a old flip grange door
17
17

Tent. $60,000 Each per Year
in San Francisco. <> It works out to $164 per tent per day. That includes bathrooms, showers, security, and three squares a day. I didn't see how many people that actually covered.
5
5

All sand crawlspace
The soil under my home is all sand to a depth of at least 12 feet. Is a plastic vapor barrier really needed? The only time I have moisture is when the plumbing develops a leak.
2
2

Are lumber prices falling?
In the last few days, I've been seeing articles online saying that lumber prices have fallen off of a cliff in the past week or two and are now down as much as 40% from their recent highs. I can't...
23
23