Subject Author Posted Replies

Who is responsible for the meter
AIUI the usual rule is that the water company is responsible for all the pipes up to the meter and the homeowner is responsible for all the pipes from the meter to the house and in the house. But who...
5
5

OT. Tesla Recall
Tesla is recalling vehicles because the vehicle doesn't monitor the driver closely enough. <> The recall comes after a two-year investigation into a series of crashes that happened while the Autopilot...
6
6

OR: the perfect gift for the golfer in your family!
is what happens to fisherman when they live unrighteous lives, and, ell, die. PUTT-Y TRAINING - Help even the crappiest golfer improve their putting game while pulling double duty and answering...

I chose the wrong career
Until today, I thought I made a decent living in the path I followed but I was wrong. I'd have done much better playing baseball. Admittedly, I'm not as good as this guy, but I'd have taken a measly 5...
23
23

Drilling
Once in a while an old memory from my work days pops into my head. One day I saw my boss up on a ladder drilling a hole in an I-beam in order to mount a hoist. I walked by again and he was still there...
11
11

6" curbs
IN two locations, a private townhouse n'hood and a public street, I've seen them putting curbs that, instead of the typical 4" high, are 6" high with an almost square corner at the top. If you hit...
5
5

My all-metal garden hose repair kit broke itself in half
Yet another Home Depot garden hose repair kit broken in half today. was watering the plants, and all of a sudden, there was no water. two-piece metal "nipple" simply separated metal to metal. It must...
41
41

Looking for a Box or a few Replacement Aluminum Panels
I need a box or a few aluminum siding panels to cover up a door and window I removed. The panels are Alcan and the color is T.Oak. The numbers on the box are 1002 and A3 2890. The panels are 9' long.

Uninstalling old Price Pfister bathroom faucet.
I'm trying to remove a leaking Price Pfister bathroom faucet to upgrade it with a new one. Presently, I'm having difficulty trying to disassemble the plumbing underneath the sink. Here are some...
20
20

O.T. Car camping
I want to do some car camping. I have a sleeping bag and a 1/2 inch thick foam mat. The interior is about 43 inches by 63 inches. for some ideas to make sleeping more comfortable. Thanks, Andy
22
22

Alternative to DeWalt power tools
I have many DeWalt power tools bought over the years but I'm getting sick of the 18VDC batteries always losing the ability to take a charge. I don't use them much, maybe once every couple of months,...
6
6

Propane personal camp stove
There's a kid in my family who wants to go on hiking trips of a couple of days. Nothing really fancy requiring special light-weight equipment, but he'll be on public land where you can't scavenge wood...
16
16

Will it leak?
Happened to find: Looking for acidic toilet bowl cleaner for a friend with well water and toilet bowl stains and found this question for Zep brand: Q: What altitude is your zep acidic toilet bowl...
1
1

OT strange google charge?
Does anyone know why Google might have charged me $0.52 for "merchandise" last Nov. 2 and then returned it Nov. 22, and then charged me $2.11 today? last month I used the card to pay for heating oil...
20
20

Why don't they make a garden hose puncture repair kit?
Here is my lousy rube goldberg where I've tried all the Home Depot brass and Harbor Freight plastic male:female hose connectors in the past. I searched and found puncture repair tape but there's no...
94
94