Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Crabs lived in water, Died in my cooler?
This has been bothering me for a few weeks. We went to Ocean City, MD last month and spent a day crabbing with chicken legs and string. We caught enough crabs in a few hours to feed the 6 of us. I...
31
31

Make a dive light out of those free HF LEDs
Thought this looked cool even though I doubt I'll ever be diving deeper than I need to in the hot tub. drill- some mineral oil & a few minutes time. Tested to 60 feet or so. [he showed his depth...
3
3

Will the World be Taken over by Flys?
When everyone is forced to use CFL bulbs, will the world be taken over by Flys? I just love to hear them sizzle when they get behind the reflector of my trouble light with a 100W incandescent bulb....
5
5

Can't find ceramic tile toilet paper holder?
Dear Readers, Redoing my bathroom tile and can't seem to find a ceramic (tile) toilet paper holder at Home Depot. I asked the employee at HD and he said ceramic holders are being phased out and "no...
5
5

SPAM!!! Harbor Freight coupons for sale
TinyURL was created! The following URL: 742 has a length of 63 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which has a length of 26 characters: Well, at least I'm honest, and label it as spam.
4
4

Expansion joints in concrete - saw cut versus felt
I have received several estimates to install a concrete driveway roughly 90 feet long by 24 feet wide, and also replace a patio roughly 24 by 24 feet in size. 2 of the estimates indicate that control...
2
2

Back-up sump pump battery
I have a four year old battery for the back-up sump pump. Instructions say to change it every three years (yeah I noticed I was behind), however, the lights on the pump itself indicate that the...
17
17

Lightbulb Filament Replacement
Since in a few years incandescent bulbs will become banned, I wonder if anyone will come out with a filament replacement kit for people who want to continue using the old incandescent bulbs? It's just...
51
51

OT. Courier business
I am thinking of starting a courier business. I live out in the middle of nowhere, no big cities around, but there is a large railroad in the area. I know they expedite things weekly to and from other...
5
5

Best kitchen counter?
I have to replace the deteriorated tiles around my sink, so might as well redo the whole counter. A while back I researched extensively, but maybe technology has moved on? I want sturdiness and easy...
43
43

Advice on sealing a deck...
We had a pressure treated lumber deck built for us mid April. We are near Toronto Canada so the winters are cold and summers hot. Deck is in the sun most days and snow will build up on it. The guy the...
5
5

Silver braze, 1% or 15% for refrigeration tubing
Years ago, I bought a pack of brazing rod with 15% silver content. Used that to join refrigeration tubing. Turns out that Mapp gas torches work well with the 15% silver braze. My old boss introduced...

Asphalt Driveway Crack Sealers And Dampness ?
Hello: Regarding the liquid crack sealer for filling in cracks in asphalt driveways (and also the cold patch product for bigger cracks/holes): Must the asphalt be "perfectly" dry for these products to...
2
2

Upgrade to 200AMP or keep 100AMP?
Dear Readers, I'm getting contractors' quotes on replacing my existing main electrical panel (The subpanel for the house distribution is circuit breakers, but the main panel is old 100amp fuse block,...
35
35

CFL Bulbs with Clip On Lamp Shades
I had a problem using CFL bulbs with my clip on lamp shades. The clip on shades won't stay in place because they were designed to work with spherical shaped bulbs, and the CFL bulbs are shaped funny....
2
2