Subject Author Posted Replies

steel doors - how much security?
Just got finished with my last mini-job repairing a steel door that had been "kicked open". This is the third "steel" door I have repaired or replaced in the last two years. All off these doors were...
20
20

I bought an edger...
... from Craigslist ad*. It's a 3HP Craftsman and the seller said it didn't run. First I pressure-washed the device, to remove the gunk and grass. Next, I replaced the carb's diaphragm and carb's...
28
28

Attack Of The Stink Bugs
Specifically the Brown Marmorated Stinkbug which has apparently been in the US less than 15 yrs. This is my 1st experience with any kind of stinkbug. Suspend SC (Deltamethrin 4.75%) kills them but...
3
3

Looks like a scam
Is anybody here familiar with this? It looks like a scam to me. The Light Controller That Works Like an MP3 BY Ariel SchwartzFri Sep 17, 2010 LumiSmart lighting controller What do MP3s and light bulbs...
27
27

O ring for the Mixet shower cartridge
The dimensions of the O ring for the Mixet shower cartridge is 0.110=94 x x 0.565=94 0.785=94. These measurements correspond to 2.794mm. x 14.351mm. x 19.939mm. The measurements are NOT 3/32=94 x...
6
6

Refrigerator not cold enough
What should I check first? The fridge is over 10 years old...
15
15

$800 sump pump ????????
I have an out of state rental property. There have been some heavy rains and the basement flooded. The water was almost 4 feet deep when the tenants called. They said the came home from work and it...
17
17

Thinking of putting garage floor covering in house.
I have sinus troubles and want to get rid of all my carpeting. The floor coverings I've looked at are pretty expensive, like wood or tile. I found something that looks like I'd be ideal and that I...
8
8

Refgerator freezer icing up. Rest OK.
Hi. I just found your group. I have a Danby refrigerator which works fine except the freezer is icing up, which it didn't do before. I've had the frig over a year. I scrape the ice off with the little...
7
7

Basement wall advice...
Excellent condition poured concrete basement wall that is 42 years old. Moderate dampness basement. Winter 5 months a year here so about 15 freeze-thaw cycles (Ontario Canada). I have a preexisting...
1
1

Difference between Refrigerator and Freezer?
Whats the difference between a refrigerator and a freezer as far as the compressor and mechanics of it? The compressors all look about the same. Are they more heavy duty in freezers, or are they the...
4
4

Dual Saw at Costco - Northern VT
New item this past week. Not sure of the name brand but it has the two blades that counter each other - $130.
2
2

How to kill a 'Bee Fountain'
(One of the downsides of living alone- when something actually works for a change, there is nobody to tell about it.) Anyway, there have been regular threads on here, from me and others, on how to...
7
7

110 to door bell?
I have some neighbor kids who ring the door bell, then haul ass. I'd like to wire it, so when they push the bell, they get shocked. How do I wire a live wire to the buzzer? Thanks in advance.
20
20

Wire Door Bell to Ring LOUD Out Back?
I admit, normally, I extensively search before I post. But wasn't sure how to "explain" this issue. Wife's VERY old aunt is still pretty mobile. But she likes to work in the backyard of her suburban...
5
5