Subject Author Posted Replies

Photos to share and laugh at
I've taken a couple photos in the last couple days. Which desperatedly need to be lampooned. One is a car going down the road, with the gas cap dangling. Other couple photos of a hallway at a...
2
2

Asp insecticide
Anyone know of a specific product? Google (etc.) seem to only suggest holistic or environmentally-correct remedies, such as relocation, negotiation, Asp-sanctuaries, etc. I'm more interested in...
4
4

Need to tap off circuit for kitchen hi-hats
I had posted another thread a few days ago about an upcoming kitchen reno. Here's another electrical question. As I said before I have to run 4 new 20A Circuits to a panel. 1 circuit -Fridge 1 circuit...
5
5

best way to connect 2 landscape timbers?
I'm trying to build an enclosure that will have pea gravel inside of it, using 4" by 4" landscape timbers. I have 2 12' long timbers on the sides, and the ends are each a single 10' timber. Holding...
19
19

tubeless tire repair for a hand truck
got frustrated today..i tried to air up my hand truck tires and "nothing" so I read an article on this site that said to put a band around the tire tight enough so there is no air seepage, I though...
25
25

A flaky branch circuit
I went out to my screened- in porch to have lunch. This is in sw fl and we finally got some really decent weather. The problem: First problem was the ceiling fan w/remote wouldn't come on. Another fan...
5
5

Lennox furnace problem: ballpark cost to fix?
I do already have a service call scheduled for Thursday morning, but I wouldn't mind having a rough idea how much the problem might cost to fix. It's an 8-yr-old Lennox G32 that we turned on (that is,...
11
11

Draining dehumidifier into sewage pipes in crawlspace?
I'm thinking of putting a dehumidifier in the crawlspace. The humidifier I like most (dry eaz cmc 100) has a built-in pump. However, it can pump water only 3 feet high, that means I cannot pump the...
21
21

Car care
I have some buildup in my truck on the steering wheel, door handles, door pulls, door panels, etc. This is from oil in the skin, as well as oil from dirty hands. What is a good cleaner to take this...
9
9

Paint over linoleum
I have a very small bathroom and the linoleum floor looks horrible. Rather than replace same I was wondering if I could paint over it. If yes, what kind of paint to I use and anything else I need to...
23
23

Special brushes for varnish
Was in Camden Town the other day with some time to waste. Ended up looking around a quite well stocked ironmongers that had a lot of good paint brushes hanging up. There were a few brushes there in...
3
3

TOTO toilets shortcoming
My place of employment replaced all the toilets last year with new TOTO wall mounted ones. I do not know the model and frankly am not interested in getting down to floor level to find it. On this...
15
15

"Get out of my shower!"
From the Wall Street Journal: "In May, the DOE stunned the plumbing-products industry when it said it would adopt a strict definition of the term 'showerhead' in enforcing standards that have been on...
6
6

looking for appliance repair tool
Hey all. I am looking for a centerpost seal installer tool as used on older Kenmore/WP belt drives, as well as newer Kenmore/WP direct drive washers. It installs the seal that is placed over the main...
2
2

Stud finder question
I have this small slightly over 2' wall in bathroom of an older house. I used my finder and got a reaction right almost in the center of that wall. I then drilled a small hole to confirm it. I did hit...
10
10