Subject Author Posted Replies

Inline Duct Fan reversible ?
Can I buy an "Inline Duct Fan" that is reversible ? I don't anything like that on-line? Why Not ? Thanks
16
16

OT Sales tax on out of state sale by phone
If you buy something over the phone from another state, are they supposed to collect sales tax. It's a business that has no branch and no physical presence in Maryland, and probably not in any state...
24
24

Wire types for Household projects.
What type of wire do I need to have for household projects ? I have a lot of scrap wire laying around that is primary wire with an insulation rating of 300v. I know that wiring for buildings should be...
3
3

darnkenss
You know, it's only July 10 at 9:01PM and it's already darker out than it was on July 4 at 9:10. Apparently they were telling me the truth in 7th grade science. Who knew?
4
4

OT: Why do people use double negatives and add confusion?
For example to warn someone that a supply may run out, instead of saying "the supply is not limitless", why not say "the supply is limited"? I have to manually cross off two negatives to know what...
30
30

looking for simple plastic quart or gallon sized weatherproof UV proof outdoor bag like ziploc
The title says it all. Looking for such a bag. Been using a quart sized Ziploc for now, but of course won't hold up long term and I doubt they are UV proof. Thank you in advance.
11
11

Moss? Killer for asphault shingles
My garage roof is growing moss between the shingles. Half inch or better strips covering a 10 x 15 foot section. Is there a simple spray to eradicate it? Giant oak tree shading it. Not insulated, no...
3
3

Rental Aid Program
I got this from a podcast of Armstrong & Getty on TuneIn. They?re more on the conservative side of the spectrum. This is titled Sorry, No Payoff from hour 3 on July 9. Their comments about this...

Deck Staining ...
We recently had our deck scraped and re-stained. The contractor did a good job scraping and prepping the deck (treated lumber), but then they rolled on the stain/sealer. (as opposed to spraying)...
2
2

Amazon is hiring, but 200-250 deliveries a shift?
Delivery Driver - job post Amazon Contracted Delivery Partners 72,890 reviews White Hall, MD 21161 Are you interested in a new opportunity where you can work independently, make a difference in your...
61
61

Clear Coating for Polished Brass (?)
In the past, I've read recommendations to use clear laquer over polished brass to preserve the brightness, but in my experience, it just doesn't do it for long. Does anyone here know of something...

changing busy signal
What does it mean when you get a busy signal, and after 3 or 4 seconds it changes to a fast busy? The first busy is normal, but how does it change and what does it mean?
2
2

Home projects
Have not posted here in a year I bet. Since I was not doing much during COVID, I decided to get around to the home repair projects I've been putting off for 20 years. Not only did I get most of them...
35
35

OT. Food Waste
Supposedly, forty percent of the food produced in the U.S. is wasted. <> Stop throwing your food away.
44
44

Sweet and Sour Pork
-- At Mamahuhu, a Chinese takeout restaurant in San Francisco, a sense of history and appreciation for American Chinese cuisine is applied to a few classics Mining historical Cantonese sweet-and-sour...