Subject Author Posted Replies

"Heatballs" - Their time has come
Heh! [BERLIN] Siegfried Rotthaeuser and his brother-in-law have come up with a legal way of importing and distributing 75 and 100 watt light bulbs -- by producing them in China, importing them as...
6
6

NEC Code question breaker box covers
Geez guys, I seem to be asking as many as I am answering these days. Interior breaker box in an alcove: is the swinging door that covers the breakers required? I have one in an alcove created for a...
12
12

Shut Off Valves
I'm plumbing in the kitchen and getting to the sink. It's all going CPVC to braided line. I don't want to have future trouble with the shutoff valves. Is there any difference between the 1/4 turn and...
9
9

Saw - Short Work Stands
This might come in handy for some. I recently bought a small compound miter saw to put up some new crown molding and redo door trim in the living room and hallway. Didn't buy a stand for it because I...

Lithium batteries in flashlights?
I bought a 12 pack of AA 1.5 volt Ultimate Energizer Lithium batteries (not the rechargeable type). The package says they last up to 8 times longer than their Energizer Max batteries in Digital...
32
32

Tiles: What Can Be Used Where ?
Hi, My son was in HD the other day, and a salesperson told him: that it is possible to use floor tile for walls, but not wall tile for floors. He probably should have pursued this a bit with him. I...
15
15

Crows
How do you shut up or get rid of crows?
22
22

Tips On Selecting A Quality Emergency Plumber
It is easy to forget about all of the secluded pipes behind our walls, inside our ceiling and under or homes. They are out of sight and out of mind until they break! When water comes dripping down on...
5
5

instructions for greenbrook 7 day immersion heater timer t23b-h
------------------------------------- hi just moved into a rented flat it has underfloor heating which is controlled by a greenbrook timer, turned it on about last week and it worked fine, turned it...

Security Lights: Brand Opinions ?
Hello, Was wondering if anyone has any strong opinions regarding quality between Heath-Zenith vs. Lithonia Lighting on their line of overhead garage door security lighting (the kind with the IR sensor...
5
5

Propane regulator
I have a standard barbecue propane regulator. Upon putting soapy water, a tiny bit of bubbles comes from where the plastic crank on "nut" is on the shaft that goes into the port on the bottle. I...
7
7

Weird toggle switch
Sounds like you have a 3-way switch. Is there another switch somewhere that controls the light? Maybe inside the medicine cabinet. Look at your switch. Does it say "on" or "off" on it? If you don't,...
35
35

How old is that gasket?
When you buy a gasket for a fridge or freezer, from a place like or any of the others, how old is it? I need a new thermostat for my 31-year old Sears fridge, so while I'm at it, I thought I'd buy a...
5
5

Kitchen Faucet
I'm told that there are good faucets of all manufacturers these days. It's been a while since I bought one, but it's hard to believe that. I've bought enough crap in the past to be cautious. I've got...
9
9

Building A Chicken Coop Strategy!
After a while, you'll see the beauty of free-range chickens: There were chickens in the eggplants, Chickens in the corn, Chickens in the silo, Chickens in the barn, Chickens driving Cadillacs to...
1
1