Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Anyone know if health insurance covers adult diapers?
My aunt is covered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield. It is very good insurance. She just started using diapers. I tried to call BCBS, but they expect a patient number before they will talk to you. Has...
8
8

New GE hybrid bulb
|main|dl5|sec3_lnk3|179280or:
15
15

True Value Black Friday Preview
Comprehensive coverage of Black Friday 2021. View all Black Friday 2021 Ads, Black Friday 2021 Deals and Sales Online Comprehensive coverage of Black Friday 2021. View all Black Friday 2021 Ads, Black...
3
3

Amazon selling HF stuff at inflated prices
They're selling the $60 HF multifunction tool on Amazon for $100 bucks!
18
18

Electrically boobie-trapping an aluminum sash window
Has anyone done this before ? Id like to do this to two windows on the backside of my house which is ideal to break into since I back up to a dark forest. Have had problems with the next door neighbor...
60
60

OT: Men And Their Tools...
...are easily distracted. http://www.gjk2.com/test/test.swf
6
6

Garage Door Problems
Hello everyone, I have a garage with two separate identical doors, and am having a similar binding problem with both. What happens, is about 16 inches from the floor, going up or down, the door binds...
5
5

Cartridge ciculator sticking
I have 2 zone forced hot water heating system with 2 TACO 007-05 Cartridge ciculators. One zone works without a hitch. The second ciculator seems to hum a little and not deliver hot water. (The pump...
3
3

Broken Washing Machine and French Exchange Student - A Strange Coincidence
My washing machine was having trouble draining. I ran the diagnostic tests and it came back with an error that said it was taking too long to drain. (Thanks, I knew that!) I took the hoses off of the...
9
9

IKEA Kitchen Cabinets
I've never bought anything IKEA. As far as I know, I've never *seen* anything IKEA in real life. I just saw a magazine ad for an IKEA kitchen. Anybody know where the quality of IKEA kitchen cabinets...
17
17

Why dont bottle jacks work on their side?
I'm trying to jack an I-beam sideways, jacking it from an existing I-beam. I tried 3 bottle jacks, a small 2 or 3 ton, a 10 ton, and a 30 ton. None of them work on their sides but work perfect when...
23
23

Draining a Water Heater.
One house I own, the water heater drains just fine. Put a hose on the outlet on the bottom and turn it on. The house is on a lot that is on a slope, so the gravity helps. But my other house in Florida...
16
16

Hydraulic oil
Recently bought an electric wood splitter that calls for ISO 22 hydraulic oil such as Mobil DTE 11. Nearly impossible to even find oil with the ISO grade label on them unless I want to start with a 5...
8
8

Bonding PVC to rubber?
I've got an adhesion challenge of dealing with 2 dissimilar materials in a backyard project. I'm using two DOERR stock feeder tanks filled with sand as homes for my horseshoe pitching stakes. The...
8
8

backer board seams
I'm about ready to lay down the backer board on my counter tops so I can lay the 18" granite tile down. I don't really understand backer board though. It wants to be snapped in straight pieces which...
12
12