Subject Author Posted Replies

Plumbing project? ? ?
Let me say at the outset that I am well aware that I can get only an educated guess in response to this posting, but I would welcome an educated guess or even pure speculation. We live in a six-unit...
21
21

maytag washer: model#mavt734eww
Having trouble with the washer filling with water and not shutting off after fill level has been reached. Replaced the water level switch with no results. If anyone can help please reply.
4
4

can I change single switch to combo switch
No you can't. You need a neutral for the outlet to work. If there is another two wires spliced together in that box, those would be your neutral, but if you only have two wires in the box, you only...
24
24

Caulk tube saved for next time
I would silicone on a big wire nut, but pay attention to the expriation date, by the time you reach the date its probably not good, buy tubes by buying the earliest date, I had few new tubes that...
2
2

French drain with no outlet
Is there ever a reason to have a French drain with no outlet, or with an outlet that's higher than the collector in the drain? This is in Florida -- north Florida, but still very sandy soil. To make a...
16
16

Whirlpool toploader hit and miss engaging during spin
When it gets to the spin portion, sometimes the drum doesn't spin, though the pumps drain the tub. If I bump the selector knob off and on it always engages it and it spins fine. Some kind of clutch...
3
3

New furnace isn't giving off much heat
New Grandaire furnace, gas high efficiency 40k btu in 1200 sft house near boston. All new insulated duct work, hooked up and seems to run right, but the air coming out of the supplies is only about 75...
62
62

Looking For Discontinued Tile - Westminster F100
F100- Bright White Glossy 4" Well, wasn't I surprised to go looking for some replacement tiles and find that they had shuttered their doors in 2008. Is there a cottage industry in discontinued tile...
9
9

Painting inside microwave oven
I have an 8 year old MW that works fine. It has a rotating tray and there is a plastic thing under that tray with 3 small wheels. Where those wheels contact the bottom of the MW, the paint has worn...
19
19

Best flashlight?
Looking for a mini flashlight, something to put in pocket with clip, the best bang for the buck. Suggestions?
23
23

What jobs?
What makes people think jobs are coming back? Everything we buy is made in China. I drive a VW and a Nissan. What can an American make for me? We sued our employers right out of the country. You can...
44
44

Furnace Output Pipe - How Loud Is Yours?
I have a Goodman 90+ furnace with a 3" PVC output pipe, which ends in vertical T. Here's a side view, with W being the wall: W W | W-------| W | W I've always thought that it makes more noise than it...
12
12

High Efficiency Furnace Problems
We have a 5 year old Keeprite, high efficiency heating furnace that incorporates a Honeywell SV9541 Smartvalve 'under the hood'. For three or four days now, we've awakened to under-65 degree...
8
8

skunk problem
it would appear that a skunk has moved in under our deck and the wife is freaked out about it. we see him or her at night and and i'm thinking of shooting it but my neighbor says that if i shoot it...
15
15

Are Microwaves DYI Friendly?
Someone gave me a twenty-year old Sharp Carousel in cosmetically perfect condition. The inside even smells new. The AC stuff and bells and whistles are working. The turntable coupler (very tiny...
8
8