Subject Author Posted Replies

How to Write a Winning Dissertation
Writing a Dissertation requires mastery of research methods for valid and reliable data collection, availability of all the resources and perfection of dissertation format, structure and citation...

Fitting fittings on PVC pipe
I'm using the standard schedule 40 PVC piping to construct railings for a platform. No water (or any other fluid) will flow through the pipes but I need to disassemble the railings for storage, hence...
20
20

aggravating web stores
2nd run in with a place[two different places] that wants special treatment from the credit card company, like some conglomerate cares what they want. have a billing address that is a po box, and...
4
4

Critter Conundrum
Here's the history: We live in the woods. We bought our house about 10 yrs ago, and at the time, it had been essentially vacant for about 2 years. consequently, there were some mouse issues (that's...
16
16

Regarding: pitfalls in replacing old toilet? [update]
I'd asked in June about replacing an old toilet and had some concerns about the ability of the new models to flush well. I'll post the update that the new Kohler Wellworth flushes like a champ....
5
5

My new snow blower - video
Some of you may remember that I asked for advice on which snowblower to purchase. I made my decision, purchased a unit and put a video of it on youtube. I think you'll agree that I made a wise...
21
21

ID this gas pipe fitting?
I have a gas line coming into my house through the basement wall. The line coming looks like it is about a 1-1/4 inch pipe. The pipe comes in, then there is a silver steel color knurled fitting, then...
24
24

Double flush for free.
I have a regular toilet about ten years old with 8 month old fluidmaster or similar guts. When I flush I get a 'regular' flush in about 4 to 5 seconds then another flush right after (without me doing...
1
1

What a joke
If you watched this old house this weekend you noticed that because of environmentalists you can't even kill the poison ivy on your own property any more. Are thay kidding? I'm not sure what state...
20
20

How would my neighbors french drain affect my house?
Where I live we usually do not get water in the basement unless it rains constantly over a period of time. Its happened twice in the last 5 years, but fortunately I only got a inch of water in the...
7
7

Maytag Washing Machine -Fault
Got a front loading- Euroline Maytag washing machine, that is reporting a fault on the drainage system, and stopping before it spins. Checked outlet and no blockages, someone suggested filter needs...
7
7

Owning a house
I don't own a house, but I would suggest having someone help you fix your house if you have one.
3
3

Spray Foam insulation in the attic
My old house needs some insulating, and I've been looking at the companies that do spray foam. I'm in the Midwest, in Chicago, where winters can get very cold. I have an unfinished attic space over...
18
18

solar and geothermal home in DE
Home of the DiStefano Family - Blog of our geothermal and solar enrgy projects

Fluidmaster fill-valve
I got an American Std. toilet from the 1950's. Fluidmaster fill-valve was installed maybe 10 years ago. Tanks fills OK, but it seeps a little after fill-up. I push the float down a little and it...
16
16