Subject Author Posted Replies

problem with Air Conditioning PTAC unit - noises of unbalanced fan
Does anyone know what it means when a PTAC unit starts working fine but after a few hours starts giving out noises as if the circular internal fan is becoming unbalanced and possibly fouling slightly...
26
26

Why do people rev up petrol strimmers?
Why do people rev up petrol strimmers? Surely the engine would prefer to be kept at a constant speed? The neighbours would certainly prefer it!
59
59

drain fly trap
Have had an explosion of drain flies this year after having them suppressed for a number of years. Not sure of the cause, but have been treating/ retreating the drains, etc with strong bleach and...
4
4

Couch Shortages?
This article says there is a shortage of foam that goes into couches, chairs, etc. Part of the problem is the storms that hit Texas last winter. <> There's a reason no one can get their hands on a new...
21
21

More than half are worth watching:
Not all of the segments are great, but more than half are worth watching: especially like the one with acorns, and the cat that wouldn't let the toddler climb over the balcony railing. It sure does...
2
2

OT. Too Much Coffee Shrinks Brain
Six cups or more per day isn't healthy. <> If you find yourself repeatedly heading over to the coffee pot for refills, you may be actually putting your brain health at risk.
23
23

Toro lawnmowers: compatible parts?
Hi, I?ve had a Toro 22? Recycler Lawnmower model 20005. It?s getting old and the supports for the wheels and handle assembly have really taken a beating over time. I just inherited a non-working Model...
6
6

Do cars with plastic bodies, like the Saturn, give bad radio reception?
Do cars with plastic bodies, like the Saturn, give bad radio reception?
60
60

How to decorate your home with light strips
Colored light strips are a good thing. But how to decorate my home with them is a problem, haha. Do you have any suggestions? For example, how should I install the dark cabinet in the kitchen will...
1
1

OT. Each U.S. State's Top Trading Partner
> Some of the U.S.' biggest trading partners are obvious like Canada or China. But which countries do each U.S. state trade with the most?

A 'back water' or 'back alley' description. Less than desirable?
Is a 'back water' or 'back alley' living or business arrangement less than desirable? How did these terms come to be?
19
19

Sun umbrella parts
Does anyone know where I can get a 'locking' washer for my garden sun umbrella. It is a 1.8 cm diameter but 2.5 cm at the widest point. It has a bar across the centre which fits in the screw end and 2...
1
1

Moving from a 220 plug to a 110 what do I need
I recently moved and my ac unit is a 220 and the only plug I have is a 110 how do I make this work
17
17

Roach trap - diy
On Tuesday, July 20, 2021 at 11:19:15 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote in And I in more than 30 minutes! Try these pest control tips before calling an exterminator. Try these pest control tips before...
1
1

Solar terms
I am researching how to install Solar on my roof DIY mode. I called our local power company and talked to the rep that handles the setup and approval of residential Solar installations including the...
6
6