Subject Author Posted Replies

In-wall lighting code?
Hi, Here's what I want to do (in PA). Cut out drywall between two studs. Mount a florescent light on one of the studs. Put a tempered frosted glass panel (in a wooden frame) over the opening to finish...
6
6

Marble Roller Coaster
That'd be my approach, too; very easy to work with. I suppose if the budget's there you could go all-out and get the supports laser-cut, so that the guide rails actually snap into the sockets in the...
3
3

rec.woodworking
Anybody having trouble getting to or seeing rec.woodworking.] I have two different servers and neither one: teranews or seems to have it available.
14
14

early TIVO needs cable???
I see that it's still possible to get on ebay an early TIVO machine with no monthly charge, the Toshiba SD-H400. What no one seems to mention is, Does this require one to have cable, or do come with...
14
14

Refrigerator leaves water on the floor
A friend with a 2 year old big Sears refrigerator/freezer, freezer drawer on the bottom, has a small amount of water on the ceramic tile floor. I said he should turn the water off to the ice maker and...
7
7

Leaving one's gas delivery company (in a planned development)
Hi all, I live in a development where a certain gas company owns most of the gas tanks, mine included (through a deal with the developer of course). The home is heated with LPG and I have a 1000...
25
25

Kerosene, Fuel Oil and Diesel
We bought a kerosene heater recently. Both Home Depot and Lowes sell kerosene for about $10 per gallon but I think I can get it cheaper at one of the local gas stations. I was wondering if I could use...
11
11

Get Property Management Software for Your Management Needs
In need of the perfect solution to help in managing properties as well as keep accurate records of them? As a property manager, this used to be my situation. But now, it has all changed thanks to...
1
1

ServiceMagic.com - Anybody use?
I used them twice now, and unless I have a connection for what I want done, I'll use them again. First time was a furnace problem, and worked real good. Second time an Anderson window pane...
1
1

Swapping out a built in oven (cont.)
I remember someone asked if I could post what I found when I opening the boxes up and checked the wiring. Before I started I figured out the counter top stove is on the same circuit. 2 single pole...
8
8

Insulating basement sill plate/header?
Hi. I'm considering adding insulation to my basement's sill plate and header (immediately above the concrete block and below the 1st floor's subfloor). I've read plenty of posts and books that suggest...
3
3

Ruud UGPH-05eauer Furnace Problem
Hi; I have a ruud furnace that wont stay running. The unit goes through the start up cycle. The electronic igniter will start sparking, and the flame will ignite. It will run good for about 5-7...
7
7

Gluing Question ?
Hello, Figure that this is the right place to go for some good advice on this. Have a pair of Headphones where the plastic headband that fits over the head and connects the two ear pices has broken....
16
16

Problem electrical in medicine chest
First kill the power at the breaker, then verify its off. Next look in the inside for removable cover plates, especially near the switch. If you don't find an internal junction box, the cabinet will...
5
5

Article - Most home renovations don't pay off
For your Sunday reading...
38
38