Subject Author Posted Replies

Lighted switches -- any with long-lasting lights?
I keep having to replace the illuminated light switch in one of our bathrooms because the neon soon starts flickering and then gives up altogether. I don't recall what brand, or even whether they were...
32
32

cheap fix for leaking metal roof and wood rot
Hi, I have an old metal roof on an outside porch extension and a tree hit it and caused several leaks. No holes, just a ripple effect. I got some bids for power washing and sealing with a rubberized...

Why Does
Why does Bristol Palin look like a frumpy dumpy woman way older than she is? Kick her off that dancing show, now! She can't dance.
6
6

crawl space insulation
I bought a small 60's house in Atlanta for a rental. I'd like to tighten the thermal envelope and get the best bang for the buck and tackle the weakest links first. There is no underfloor insulation....
11
11

Attic insulation
My attic will be insulated on November 30 of this year. They will blow in 24" of insulation. I have questions about the existing ductwork. (Ductwork is 10 and 12 inch flexible insulated ducts)...
9
9

Palm Nailer
I bought a new Ridgid plam nailer, because a few places I need to add braces between studs there is no elbow room, there is no room and the block wall is to my left, and I am right handed, with copper...
13
13

Darn thieves!
My problem, trying to save taxpayers $ by discouraging thieves. I know what I would do, but working for a State, I have to work with what they give me. Our guardrails have reflectors. The State is...
39
39

Outlets with wall switches
One of the outlets in my bedroom has the top outlet connected to a wall switch and the bottom outlet is not. I noticed that some electronic equipment (like TVs) aren't supposed to be plugged into an...
22
22

need kitchen faucet recommendations
Hi All, I currently have a Moen goose neck kitchen faucet. Everything keeps wearing out on it, especially the cartridges. (The latest, is that it is dripping grease from somewhere -- its is on the...
18
18

LOWES Kitchen installers
I have a problem in which a LOWES installer convince me to eliminate LOWES and he can help me do my repairs also I was advised my LOWES that a licensed contractor was coming out to my house. At the...
8
8

LOWES INSTALLERS - Fraud
Ha anybody ever had a lowes installer come out to their home to measure their kitchen? And then convince them if they eliminate LOWES that they will offer them a good price? If you had someone come...
54
54

Data/Voice/Video distribution panel
I am looking for Data/Voice/Video distribution panel. I need Cat6 data, 8 telephone outputs and 8:1 video splitter panel.
2
2

Mystery Snap-trap feeder
I'm trying to rid my garage of what I suspect are mice. I've set a d-con snap-trap mousetrap but no matter how I bait it or adjust the clip that holds the snap control bar when the trap is armed,...
19
19

Charcoal smell from electric clothes dryer?
I noticed a new odd behavior from my 10 year old electric Kitchen Aid dryer, the clothes smell like charcoal or lighter fluid. I checked the lint trap and it was empty. Is this a symptom of some...
12
12

kinda ... sorta ... almost home repair question
Hi All, Picked up a tonneau cover for my Tacoma work truck. Unfortunately, my tool boxes are a few inches too tall to use an ordinary bedslider. The tonneau cover will not close. Have any of you folks...
5
5