Subject Author Posted Replies

Data/Voice/Video distribution panel
I am looking for Data/Voice/Video distribution panel. I need Cat6 data, 8 telephone outputs and 8:1 video splitter panel.
2
2

Mystery Snap-trap feeder
I'm trying to rid my garage of what I suspect are mice. I've set a d-con snap-trap mousetrap but no matter how I bait it or adjust the clip that holds the snap control bar when the trap is armed,...
19
19

Charcoal smell from electric clothes dryer?
I noticed a new odd behavior from my 10 year old electric Kitchen Aid dryer, the clothes smell like charcoal or lighter fluid. I checked the lint trap and it was empty. Is this a symptom of some...
12
12

kinda ... sorta ... almost home repair question
Hi All, Picked up a tonneau cover for my Tacoma work truck. Unfortunately, my tool boxes are a few inches too tall to use an ordinary bedslider. The tonneau cover will not close. Have any of you folks...
5
5

TSA scanners - owned by former Chief Chertoff
up the renewed push for those controversial, clothes-penetrating scanners at airports is former homeland security secretary Michael Chertoff. His consulting firm represents companies who make the...
14
14

TSA-patdown leaves traveler covered in urine...OT
Read this~~~~ Your customizable and curated collection of the best in trusted news plus coverage of sports, entertainment, money, weather, travel, health and lifestyle, combined with Outlook/Hotmail,...
1
1

Humidifier Recommendation
I've scheduled a furnace replacement for next month. It will be a 95% high efficiency natural gas unit. The contractor wanted an additional $600 to install an Aprilaire 600 whole house humidifier. The...
4
4

Can a Remote Control Thermostat replace My Existing Thermostat?
Hello Everyone, I'm thinking about buying a remote control thermostat for my bedroom but want to be sure the unit I buy will is compatible with my thermostat. I'm disabled and once in bed, cannot get...
6
6

Backflow check valve necessity?
Durring renovations of my home eight years ago, my contractor installed a water backflow prevention valve on my water heater. I think he told me it was required by code at the time, so I didn't think...
12
12

Way OT: Loon Over MyYammy
I went to HEB [a local food market chain] tonight. I got a cart from the outside cart collection. I passed a mountain of yams - six for a dollar. "Hmm," said I, "that seems reasonable." So I bagged up...
13
13

Black Friday at the Dollar Store
"Another thing you can do along the same lines, is buy a larger metal bucket, build up the bottom with newspaper, top with metallic shred and add four cans or bottles of beer, along with the glasses,...
2
2

As seen on TV! Twin Draft Guard
Flipping through the "vast wasteland"[1], now and again I run across a commercial that catches my attention. The Twin Draft Guard was one such. Looks like an actual Good Idea, to keep air from...
8
8

TSA/scanner nightmare
I don't know that it will help much, but there is an electronic form letter/petition to sign at was surprised that there are just over 2,000 signatures. I expected many more.
1
1

Floor to ceiling, wall to wall bookcase materials
Tight budget, and I'm a novice diy'er. My wife wants my to build a wall to wall bookcase that is floor to ceiling. There will actually be 3 sections because we want the end sections to have...
9
9

Need fast drying grout for bathroom tiles in shower/tub area
I have to replace some dirty and moldy grout between the tiles above the bathtub. But the grout I saw sold at the hardware store said that it has to stay dry for 36 hours. That would be impossible,...
13
13