Subject Author Posted Replies

Metal Spinning - Pretty Cool!
I saw this on the How It's Made the other day. There's lot's of youtube videos for Metal Spinning. This one shows both CNC spinning and hand-tooling. never knew this process existed. The hand-tooling...
8
8

Pump Style Oil Cans Not Working
I salvaged a set of pump style oil cans from Grandpa's workshop. The actual age is unknown, but I'd guess they are 40 - 50 years old. Other than size and color, this picture describes them perfectly....
6
6

Wiring a double outlet, how-to dept.
I just want to share something I stumbled upon; I always put in double outlets when we do a room over in our old house, but have had problems with getting the wires that connect the 2 together the...
11
11

Why is a multi-room DVR something worth crrowing about?
In the last 4 years, up to this day, the cable companies have made a big deal about a multiroom DVR. Why? I"ve had multi-room VR since 1984 -- would have had it earlier if I'd had a VCR earlier --...
22
22

Listen to the sound of a caulking gun
Audio Micro is absolutely an electronic product. And, it is actually dissimilar to almost every other varieties that you could find on the web. Audio Micro has a whole lot of advantages above others....
2
2

high limit switch for a york furnace
I have a York furnace. model # P2MPD14N08001C It seems as if the high limit switch is problematic. It has a rating of 170-30 It is made by Texas Instruments. patent no 5144274 the numbers 1NT17L-2303...
5
5

Pipe heater tape for plastic pipes
In our old weekender cabin there is a fairly large bore plastic pipe that runs from the well (external, underground) to surface under the basement floor. I haven't opened the insulation to check it,...
6
6

Outside mercury vapor light flickering
I have a mercury vapor light that turns itself on/off intermittently at night. I called the electrical contractor that installed it and thought I just needed the bulb replaced. The owners wife who...
34
34

13 Things Your Salesclerk Won't Tell You
I guess I am just spastic. I have no clue how to refold a shirt. I really give an effort before I hide it on the bottom of the stack.
11
11

What do you call this? What does Harbor Freight call this?
What's the angle? grinder that has two small circular blades going the opposite direction? Specifically, what does harbor freight call their cheap one? I suddenly need one, I think, but can't get it...
10
10

Culligan HF-360 water sediment filter
Anyone have experience with this filter? I'm curious if I will have any regrets about it. It's plastic but it looks sturdy. I plan to install it on the 40psi side of my regulator to trap the bit of...
2
2

Switch locks
Follow up on a question posted a few weeks ago about locks for light switches to prevent inadvertent flipping. Here's a link to an Amazon page featuring several models:
9
9

Another 'multi-tool' question
Only this one is dumb. I have a garage full of tools, some I bought as far back as 50 years ago. When I have seen the threads on here about 'multi-function' tools, I rather figured you were talking...
17
17

Upgrading main service from 150 A to 200 A
I will be adding some heavy duty utilities (steam generator, work shop, whirlpool, hot tub, etc.) so I decided to upgrade my main service from 150 A to 200 A. I talked to an electrician and he said I...
8
8

House Voltage
I have been having a problem with my computer speakers. They, for no apparent reason, start buzzing very loudly. I've determined that, if the speakers are powered with a slightly high power line...
8
8