Subject Author Posted Replies

Two Million Dehumidifiers With Well-Known Brand Names Recalled
Two Million Dehumidifiers With Well-Known Brand Names Recalled Due to Fire and Burn Hazards Consumers should stop using the dehumidifiers immediately and contact New Widetech for a refund. The amount...

40 watt single light fluorescent fixture problem
I replaced the kaput magnetic ballast in a 40 watt single light tube Fluorescent fixture with an electronic ballast made by Keystone (Fluorescent tube F40T12 with a Keystone KTEB-14-1-TP-EMI). Now the...
3
3

Renovating a trailer, looking for roof suggestions
I'm renovating a 25 YO Haulmark trailer. The doors are done and I've started to rewire it. The bottom 8" of both doors were completely rotted out. Before: A-frame needs to be painted, but I should...
15
15

Replacing my Trane thermostat with a Nest thermostat
Trying to replace a Trane thermostat with a Nest thermostat and I have just had a long chat with Nest support. The Trane system has two extra wires (brown and black) that are connected to an outdoor...
35
35

Street View history.
Street View history. If you're in google street view, you can click on the words Street view in the upper left corner and if there are previous views, you can see them. The one I was looking at had a...
10
10

Infrastructure Bill Includes Pilot Program to Track Your Vehicle
The bill calls for system monitors to immobilize vehicles if people are drunk, tired, distracted, or whatever. Automatic emergency braking and monitors to remind mom she has kids in the vehicle are...
91
91

How to remove a tire from a wood chipper?
Hi, I borrowed a small gas powered wood chipper from a neighbor. The valve stem on one of the wheels cracked off and the tire went flat. I ordered the same exact wheel (10" hand truck wheel by Arnold...
15
15

Stopping gun violence
Seems that much of the problem is illegal guns. This seems to be a way of eliminating the problem permanently George County police believe Camisha Jenifer and Kyree Duvall met up just before midnight...
50
50

Worx corded electric chainsaw - maybe bad brushes??
I've had a Worx corded electric chainsaw (Model WG303.1) for 2+years. Has worked perfectly until couple of days ago when intermittently started doing nothing when i pressed trigger. Thought I blew the...
6
6

Fluidmaster 200a
If I've been using Fluidmaster 200a in the toilet, can I switch to 400a without replacing the bottom part?
1
1

Pocket twist drill
What is this thing CALLED? I had these single bit drills where the bit turned into a handle which was shapes like a triangle, but with the bit, like a Y, or rather a Y with a cap to it.
11
11

OT: Naughty mathematicians
Cox - Wikipedia
3
3

Hotpoint refigerater having major condensation
Freezer on top, auto ice works, vaccumed inside rear, water by the cupfull in fridge. On shelves and in bins. Pennsylvania, pretty humid. Open the doors maybe 5 times a day. What can I look for? 20 yr...
2
2

Hayward Star-Clear C-1100 pool filter leaks air and water from under the lid when it is on. How to fix?
Hello. I have a Hayward Star-Clear C-1100 pool filter that is leaking air and water from under the lid when it is on. The body of the filter appears to be fine. I have replaced its O ring. Any...
4
4

Interchangeable batteries for power tools
I have owned my 19.2v power tools for about 10 years and they are still working great. I have gone through several sets of batteries. But the drill and the saw have paid for themselves several times...
3
3