Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Tilt steering wheels and ice
OT? Didn't they start putting switches to turn off the air bags on the right side of cars in case the passenger was short? Sometimes, especially on very short trips, I don't tilt my tilt steering...
23
23

Propane fridge repair
On Thu 16 Dec 2010 11:39:04p, Smitty Two told us... I'm sorry, but I have no answers or suggestions. Just wanted to say that I've always been fascinated by the natural gas and kerosene powered...
8
8

reprogramming python auto alarm system
I was wondering if anyone knew of websites or videos on how to reprogram a python auto alarm system if I lost the remote. This costs around $120 at the auto alarm store, which is just too much
1
1

Mini Split Heat Pump
Looking for opinions on Mini Split Heat Pumps. I live in Southeastern Virginia. I had a 18 seer heat pump installed in my home in 2007. The home is very comfortable, except for the Master Bedroom...
2
2

Dryer Vent
My electric dryer is installed up against the outside wall. I had to fashion a vent since there is not room for a flexible hose. This device looks like the perfect solution for my dryer situation, but...
8
8

Kenmore dryer. Flame goes out after a few minutes and will not reignite.
I have a Kenmore 76912692 dryer. After complaints about wet clothes after drying, I did a quick check of the flame, it was working, then I cleaned out all the accumulated lint. I reassembled the unit...
4
4

OT: HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
....to the good folks on this (generally) knowledgeable and helpful NG. (the exceptions prove the rule
5
5

Sorta OT - Skunk attack
"[OKLAHOMA] Recently a skunk sprayed thousands of toys collected for McClain County's "Operation Christmas". " This is odd inasmuch as skunks don't [usually] spray inanimate objects. In my view,...
2
2

vapor barrier question
2 years ago, I built a 18x22 workshop in my back yard in Colorado. It basically goes unheated during the winter, except when I working in it and I use a space heater. When I insulated the attic area,...
3
3

Water and sand flowing into perimeter drain, bad?
I've been reading other posts regarding perimeter drains trying to figure out what I should do. My house is under a year old and still under the builders warranty. The house is built on a slight...
4
4

drywall question
I have a detached garage that is kind of unique. It is a metal building sort of like a pole barn. The inside walls are 2x4 24 inches on center directly bolted to a concrete slab. Trusses are 4 feet on...
8
8

Condensation between layers of insulation?
I've got a 1.5" layer of XPS foam against a cold concrete wall with 2x4 framing inside that. I temporarily placed a couple pieces of R12 fiberglass batt in the 2x4 wall. When I removed the batts the...
5
5

Self tapping screws
A couple decades ago, I ran across a handfull of self-tapping screws. They were like sheet metal screws, but with skirted hex heads. These were about 1/2" long and 1/4" dia. I'd seen them used with a...
27
27

Epoxy Garage/Basement floor coating
Is there a difference between the garage and basement floor epoxy kits, or are they the same thing in different packages?
12
12

Killing fire ant colony under house - concrete slab so no crawl space
Hey Guys -- I've posted a thread or two about this over the last few months, but I figured I'd start a new thread since my question is alittle different. Basically our problem is over 3 months ago we...
41
41