Subject Author Posted Replies

Recommendation, mini impact driver
Recommendation, mini impact driver A couple years ago at Harbor Freight, I bought a mini-impact driver. I thought I would generally not need it because small screws I can take out with my screwdriver...

Does globe shut off mean ball valve. Does Qest Acetal mean plastic?
Globe valve is not a ball valve. the best choice for a shutoff. Acetal (resin) is the generic / scientific name for Delrin (the brand name of Dupont's acetal resin?) Brasscraft makes a lot 1/4 turn...
8
8

Can I saw a lock off from the outside with a saws-all (or is there a better way)?
In my house, nobody noticed until the kid locked it, the closet lock has an outdoor lock on it and we don't have the key. I'm sure I can get in and I'm going to replace the lock anyway, so, rather...
24
24

kitchenaid dishwasher kuds01dj problem diagnosis
this model has a row of press buttons on the top of the door to select options (length, dry, etc), 2 buttons on the front face (start, cancel), and a minute counter lcd on the front face. loaded it up...
4
4

downgrading from 1/j2 hp sump to 1/3 hp
has anyone actually done it successfully? I have a very small sump pit about 15" wide by 18" deep and would like a smaller pump so it will cycle less often. I only need it from Feb-April but we...
11
11

Water heater question/problem
Okay, it is a two to three year old electric water heater and this evening the relief valve tripped and dumped a limited amount of water. I have no clue as to why it tripped, it never has before. The...
13
13

Removing towel rack from tile
We have an old house. In one bathroom, there is a towel rack attached to the tile wall right over the tub. It's a terrible place for a towel rack and it has bugged me for years. I am reluctant to...
40
40

Wives don't understand home repair.
Wives don't understand home repair. W: What are you doing today? H: I need to install that last 4x5 area of insulation in the attic. Seven hours later I come home to a skeptical wife. Seven hours...
75
75

Price Pfister Avante faucet cartridge S74-292 132315
Please e-mail me and reply if you have had the piston end of a new cartridge break off a few months after installation.

OT: DUI on a Scissor Lift
Good one. Thanks for posting it. R
3
3

kitchen cabinet refinishing
Im am trying to refinish some kitchen cabinet doors. The old poly on them is best described and rotten goo. What is the best way too remove this gunk. The rest of the cabinets are in pretty good shape...
10
10

Alternative ways to prevent winter pipe burst?
The pipe going through (uninsulated) garage wall to the outside faucet burst for the second time. Although I turned off the shutoff valve feeding this pipe and drained the water out, the valve turned...
12
12

Impedance matching
Hi, This is offtopic, but related to home improvement and this is where I get my best information. I want to connect my ipod -> amp -> speaker selector -> speakers My amp is 4 Ohms (Pyle PTAU45) My...
20
20

Using vinyl floor adhesive with self-stick tiles
In the past I have put down regular vinyl tile (non self stick) with floor adhesive with no problem. Is there any harm in using it with self-stick vinyl tile? I wanted to put floor adhesive to prevent...
3
3

HD Plastic Electric Tie-Wraps
Hi, Bought a package of those electrical plastic tie-wraps at HD. The kind they sell, mainly, for wrapping around a cable bundle to hold them together. But, they are useful for a zillion other...
21
21